1.    #1  
    Ok, so i'm using a inverter car charger and plugging the usb cord that came with the phone into it, and it makes a buzzing sound when listening to pandora. this used to happen with my old ipod as well (when using the retail ipod car charger). has anyone experienced this? trying to figure out if the inverter is the culprit and doing something bad to the phone, or if it's the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    Ok, so i'm using a inverter car charger and plugging the usb cord that came with the phone into it, and it makes a buzzing sound when listening to pandora. this used to happen with my old ipod as well (when using the retail ipod car charger). has anyone experienced this? trying to figure out if the inverter is the culprit and doing something bad to the phone, or if it's the car.
    Not sure I understand the setup...are you listening to it through your car speakers? If so did you try increasing the volume on the Pre and decreasing the volume on your car speakers?
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Not sure I understand the setup...are you listening to it through your car speakers? If so did you try increasing the volume on the Pre and decreasing the volume on your car speakers?
    Depending on where this interference is introduced, this may increase the signal to noise.

Are you using an FM modulator?

My blackberry used to do this, but only when nothing was playing. Once the sound circuitry started pumping out any sound, the buzz (which was directly related to engine RPM) went away completely.
  4.    #4  
    the car has an auxiliry input, so it's basically at 3.5mm audio cable that i can hook directly into the phone's 3.5 mm jack.

so yeah, it's coming through the car speakers just like if they were a headphone set plugged in. this seems to work fine when the battery charger isn't plugged in.

the buzz happens when its getting charged.
  5.    #5  
    anyone have an "official" car charger and listening to music using car auxiliary input having this buzz?
    Yes I experience this same issue and I'm using an official car charger. This has happened with any phone I've ever had.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Yes I experience this same issue and I'm using an official car charger. This has happened with any phone I've ever had.
    you got a mazda 3? that's what we got. but oh well, it's not terrible, but just annoying, and definitely need the charge since the battery sucks when using pandora so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    you got a mazda 3? that's what we got. but oh well, it's not terrible, but just annoying, and definitely need the charge since the battery sucks when using pandora so much.
    Nah I've got a Scion tC with the 3.5mm line-in option in the center console. Works great when I'm not charging, but I do hear the interference if I'm charging and play music at the same time from the device.
    That's power noise you can cure it with a power condotioner I don't know what's the smallest they make em. I've seen monster ones they are about the size of a small textbook
    I had the same problem with my car with an XM radio. Easy fix is a noise filter. Here's what I bought:

crutchfield.com/p_127SNI135/PAC-SNI-1-3-5-Noise-Filter.html

Worked perfectly, and it's relatively inexpensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    I had the same problem with my car with an XM radio. Easy fix is a noise filter. Here's what I bought:

crutchfield.com/p_127SNI135/PAC-SNI-1-3-5-Noise-Filter.html

Worked perfectly, and it's relatively inexpensive.
    That will help with the ground loop problem that causes the normal whining, but will it eliminate the noise caused by the power from the charger?
  12.    #12  
    That will help with the ground loop problem that causes the normal whining, but will it eliminate the noise caused by the power from the charger?
    +1 if it fixes it when it's charging, that would be exactly what i'm looking for.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Nah I've got a Scion tC with the 3.5mm line-in option in the center console. Works great when I'm not charging, but I do hear the interference if I'm charging and play music at the same time from the device.
    My tC does the exact same thing with the Monoprice usb car charger. But if I use a inverter and plug the ac wall adapter into the inverter to charge the sound is as clean as can be. I guess I will continue to use the inverter. The most annoying part of the buzz is that the frequency changes with RPM.