1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I am going out of town tomorrow night. The town's Walmart I am going to, shows them having the Pre in stock? Has anyone bought their Pre from Wally World? Any good or bad by doing so?

And also, since this is not my hometown, would I have any issues with problems/returns. Could I just go to the sprint store here, or would I have to use Walmart?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Hey all,

I am going out of town tomorrow night. The town's Walmart I am going to, shows them having the Pre in stock? Has anyone bought their Pre from Wally World? Any good or bad by doing so?

And also, since this is not my hometown, would I have any issues with problems/returns. Could I just go to the sprint store here, or would I have to use Walmart?

Thanks
    I don't see why it would make a difference (they don't make the phone), so I think you'll be fine.
    I should be so lucky. Walmart website says there are no stores within 100 miles of me that have the Pre in stock.
    It would probably have to be Wal Mart that you return your Pre to. Sprint won't exchange or accept any stock (phones) that wasn't part of their inventory.
  5.    #5  
    I am not planning on returning, unless I get a bad phone with issues. Which could be 50/50 as it looks.... So even if i get bad pixels, I couldn't take it into a sprint store??? That would suck? But then again, there is no MIR... So who knows? I keep thinking I should hold off to see if any more issues arise or if tethering pops out(which I am sure will)... But I want one dang it...... Decisions, decisions....
    sheesh! theres none anywhere, im trying to buy one for crying out loud
    anybody knows when is next shipment
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/16/2009 at 01:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I bought mine at walmart on saturday. I too was out of town and after best buy only had 3 and radioshack had none I called walmart and they said they had plenty!

I would think there wouldn't be a problem if we return it to a sprint store due to issues with the phone. Am I wrong? I got the sprint protection plan btw
  8.    #8  
    That is what I am hoping too! I have no problem buying out of town, just neede a plan "B" backup, incase of a dead pixel or who knows what.... I am not going to be able to get to the mart until prob Thursday, so lets hope they dont sell any between now and then...They said they have had four for a few days now....
    Again, going back to Wal Mart is your only option. Only way Sprint can help you is if you use your insurance to have it replaced at a repair center. you will get a BNIB one more than likely since these are so new and not refurbished yet. And THEN, you can start going to Sprint, instead of Wal Mart.
  10.    #10  
    I actually had it in my hand.... I told them sales guy, yup I will take it...He says "is the account in your name??"

AAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Its in my wife's name and she was not with me on the trip!!! I tell them I have all the security codes, as I am the one who actually handles the account... Did not matter. He said that even though I can do anything thru sprint, Walmart won't let me purchase the phone.

I had to hang my head down and walk out of the store Pre-less. It looked so nice... I guess I am going to get on the waiting list somewhere now...
    Its in my wife's name and she was not with me on the trip!!!
    That sucks....but I think they screwed you. I'm in the same situation. My wife is the account holder and I just have the pin number. However I had no issues when upgrading my phone to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    That sucks....but I think they screwed you. I'm in the same situation. My wife is the account holder and I just have the pin number. However I had no issues when upgrading my phone to the Pre.
    Ditto on that. My mom's name is on the account (Opened when I was 17), but I had no problems upgrading the phone.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    got mine on walmart release day. Sprint store and best buy in my area sold out, but somehow the walmart 15 miles away had 3. I got the sprint insurance and don't see why i wouldn't be able to bring it to sprint incase of any problems. the sprint rep even said i would bring it to sprint.
    i just checked the walmart list, it looks like the only ks stores where it would be available would be in the smaller cities.... sad thing is that there are no walmart's in Kansas city areas either in KS or MO... that is odd
    I bought mine at WalMart on release day. Am in the process of taking it to the Sprint store in a matter of minutes to have the headset jack checked out. I'll let you know how it goes.
  16.    #16  
    Yeah, I think I got hosed too! It was life just laughing at me I believe. I had all the info, same last name and address but no go.. This was in a rather rural location, and they sales people didnt look to tech informed, so I think they just didnt know... Who knows. But I will find one sooner or later... And I really am hoping for tethering, so this may allow for it to be figured out by the time I get mine...
    Yeah, I think I got hosed too! It was life just laughing at me I believe. I had all the info, same last name and address but no go.. This was in a rather rural location, and they sales people didnt look to tech informed, so I think they just didnt know... Who knows. But I will find one sooner or later... And I really am hoping for tethering, so this may allow for it to be figured out by the time I get mine...
    I read something this morning that says tethering is not happening, at least while Sprint has the exclusivity
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
  19.    #19  
    Oh, I don't plan on tethering with Sprint's permission!!! I plan to use a third party treat....lol.