1.    #1  
    So, I was not at home yesterday evening and my battery was running down because I was playing with the Pre incessantly. When I went to sleep I was going to rely on the alarm clock. I was a little worried as it was just over 20% battery.

I know that with my previous BB in this situation I could just turn off the phone to save the battery and it would just turn itself on at the right time to sound the alarm. I didn't want to experiment as to whether the Pre did that or not.

So I risked that the battery would last for 7 hours until it was time to wake up. So the battery did last, but the phone had popped up a little "warning, battery is low" message screen. The alarm did not go off.

About 45 minutes later, when I was leaving the house I hit "OK" and the alarm started blaring.

No adverse effects for me, didn't miss a meeting or anything. Just wanted to say... BEWARE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    So, I was not at home yesterday evening and my battery was running down because I was playing with the Pre incessantly. When I went to sleep I was going to rely on the alarm clock. I was a little worried as it was just over 20% battery.

I know that with my previous BB in this situation I could just turn off the phone to save the battery and it would just turn itself on at the right time to sound the alarm. I didn't want to experiment as to whether the Pre did that or not.

So I risked that the battery would last for 7 hours until it was time to wake up. So the battery did last, but the phone had popped up a little "warning, battery is low" message screen. The alarm did not go off.

About 45 minutes later, when I was leaving the house I hit "OK" and the alarm started blaring.

No adverse effects for me, didn't miss a meeting or anything. Just wanted to say... BEWARE!
    Good tip. It should have multitasked the message and the alarm.