Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    iPhone 3G S vs Palm Pre: The Battle Begins - PC World

- PC World

The table is wrong - no way can you get the Iphone on 39.99 pcm contract - everyone knows that so why the blatant error?

Sprint - $69.99
    450 minutes
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Text

AT&T - $30.00 (data) + $39.99 (Voice) + $20.00 (Text) = $89.99
    450 minutes
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Text

Then it goes on to compare the respective siez of each phone. The Pre "Thickness" to the Iphone "Depth" - why use different headings?

Pre comes with Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP but according to that table they Iphone has the same spec - it does not it has Bluetooth 2.1 without A2dp.
    Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications
    Sprint also include Sprint Navigation in Everything Plan. AT&T charges extra for their GPS navigation.
  3.    #3  
    I am getting tired of correcting these patently wrong articles. It just perpetuates the myth that AT&T + Iphone is cheaper and better.
    Wow that is one biased "article". One thing he also failed to mention was that the MMS will not be available on AT&T. Which is a weird thing that AT&T would not take every possible angle to get more subscribers at 90 dollars a month.... Just my 2 cents though.
    When average joe consumer looks at the two, he'll see one has a physical keyboard, the other doesn't. One has a larger screen. Apple/ATT have the brand recognition, Sprint has the better rates. I suspect most people won't delve much further than that.

What surprises me is that, according to polls and a check at a large Sprint store, half of the customers who got a Pre are not existing Sprint customers. That's pretty significant if it continues.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    That chart is actually a good reference for those who are curious of the differences. In fact, it does the Pre some favors by not listing the true $299 pricetag or the battery life comparisons.
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/09/2009 at 08:16 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You seem to be nitpicking in order to fulfill some anti-iPhone agenda. That chart is actually a good reference for those who are curious of the differences.
    Nitpicking -is that what you call writing an article without errors?

I don't have an anti-Iphone agenda but I do at least want to read articles that are not full with holes - all it does, is begs the question that this guy couldn't be bothered to actually check some basic facts and what were his editors up to?
    Its absurd to call apple's stuff as "yes for multitasking".

removable battery not important?

ATT plan start at $40? how about point out that plan has no data?

fair? Im not sure.
  9.    #9  
    This is hilarious - I tweeted the journalist - re the issues I mentioned above - his reply

danielionescu For the record, I think it's sad to have a phone as your profile pic (any phone whatsoever).That's unless something is wrong with your face.

Smart Phone (No1SmartPhone) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Pre comes with Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP but according to that table they Iphone has the same spec - it does not it has Bluetooth 2.1 without A2dp.
    Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications
    iPhone OS 3.0 does add A2DP support, at least for the 3G (and thus presumably for the 3GS).
    So why don't you write to PC World, and ask for a correction? We can't do anything about the errors here.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    So why don't you write to PC World, and ask for a correction? We can't do anything about the errors here.
    I am - task for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Its absurd to call apple's stuff as "yes for multitasking".

removable battery not important?

ATT plan start at $40? how about point out that plan has no data?

fair? Im not sure.
    The iPhone can multitask, 3rd Party apps are just not allowed to. Personally I dislike the lack of a non removable battery but the battery life for the Pre is miserable.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    It is a joke to me. The iPhone is a fantastic phone on a crappy network. It is frustrating though that every where you look there's favoritism. It's not enough for someone to think their phone is the best, they have to make everyone else believe their phone is the best almost to boost an ego, even by bending the truth when unnecessary.
    I saw the Twitter post & am writing PC World regarding inaccurate posting & the inappropriate Twitter reply from their 'journalist'.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    It is a joke to me. The iPhone is a fantastic phone on a crappy network. It is frustrating though that every where you look there's favoritism. It's not enough for someone to think their phone is the best, they have to make everyone else believe their phone is the best almost to boost an ego, even by bending the truth when unnecessary.
    As Gore Vidal brilliantly quoted. "It's not enough for you to succeed, others must fail".
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    When average joe consumer looks at the two, he'll see one has a physical keyboard, the other doesn't. One has a larger screen. Apple/ATT have the brand recognition, Sprint has the better rates. I suspect most people won't delve much further than that.

What surprises me is that, according to polls and a check at a large Sprint store, half of the customers who got a Pre are not existing Sprint customers. That's pretty significant if it continues.
    where are you seeing polls like that? i hope that's true, but at my store, the rep said it was all just upgrade customers. my wife was the only non-sprint customer to have bought a pre. that worried me.
    What a crap article. Cmon, the moron even got the cost for the ATT wrong.

Is anyone pestering the stupid author to fix all these errors?
    Why do they put "yes" for tethering for the iPhone but "capable" for the Pre? From what I heard, AT&T is disallowing tethering just like Sprint is with the Pre. Only foreign iPhone owners will be able to do this (again, based on what I heard yesterday...did something change?).
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    What a crap article. Cmon, the moron even got the cost for the ATT wrong.

Is anyone pestering the stupid author to fix all these errors?
    Me!

Smart Phone (No1SmartPhone) on Twitter

Read his response - child like!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast