Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It would be a lot more useful to me if the bar that comes up with the slide, will have DIFFERENT applications on it then the bar that comes up when you raise it.

it should have different shortcuts, and then in fact you'll have 2 bars. One for sliding up, one for clicking the center button.
    Took me a little to get used to. When I started using the Pre I would always press the button then bring up the launcher from the quick launcher. Seemed inefficient. Now I just bring up the wave. Find myself going to the card view less often now.

I do find it inconvenient to have to go to card view first to close an app. At first I was doing it every time. Now I just launch new apps fromt he wave and close apps when I have another reason to go to card view (like switch to another app).
    Quote Originally Posted by SenenCito View Post
    been using it since yesterday afternoon since I activated advanced gestures and im starting to love it. Combined with advanced gestures it makes going into card view a rarer thing

+1

I never used it on Saturday... Sunday I tried to remember to use it... ever since yesterday though its been non-stop... no need to push the app to card view just raise your thumb from the right side of the gesture area and let go and your in launcher... add in another full gesture area swipe and now your practically never even using card view.

Cliffnotes: I love the feature now that I have gotten use to it & use it about every time I turn the screen on.
    What gesture is this again?
    There is no spoon
    There is another thread discussing the wave launcher and the OP made a great point.

What if we could set the icons to be different than the regular quick launcher (you could have the option of leaving them teh same if you so choose).

It would basically allow you to have TWO quick launchers without any screen real estate sacrifice. Imagine being in card view and bringing up the wave to launch another app not in ur docked quick launcher. It seems to me like a no brainer to at least allow us to change those.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Funny you bring this up, I just started using it this morning. Being able to choose another app and launch it in one stroke no matter what you're doing is impressive.
    lol I just realized that's the main purpose of it. I was showing it to my boss yesterday and I couldn't quite realize the need until I read your post.
    Haha, I've barely used it. But not because I think it's useless, just that I'm not used to it. It's so completely new to me and obviously out of sight so I forget half the time. I usually end up going to card view and hitting the button.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    It would be a lot more useful to me if the bar that comes up with the slide, will have DIFFERENT applications on it then the bar that comes up when you raise it.

it should have different shortcuts, and then in fact you'll have 2 bars. One for sliding up, one for clicking the center button.
    +1 I thought of this too. Would be GREAT.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantMeThePower View Post
    What if we could set the icons to be different than the regular quick launcher (you could have the option of leaving them teh same if you so choose).
    What I said in my first post was to have it expose hidden rows of icons so you'd have a rainbow of apps as you go up and down.

But another idea is to go horizontal so you'd raise the wave and then could scroll left and right to find the app you want.

Either way, i think that it's clear it should have more functionality than just duplicating the existing launch bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I forget it's even there. I find it faster to swipe up to minimize then look for the app.
    I'm training myself not to do this, but to use the wave instead. Swipe up, then click the button for the app involves more steps than using the wave to select it.

But it is a "retraining" issue.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12