1.    #1  
    just wondering what you guys think, will Palm try to pump out some new apps every day or was it just yesterday that they released 7 and now will have to wait for a while. Express your opinion or if you have any inside info feel free to share.
    Maybe.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Would be nice, but my guess would be no... I don't see them coming daily since there are so few developers actually working with the SDK at this point...
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    There are supposedly 1500 apps already in the pipeline. I would say they don't want to release all of them at once to give apps a chance to be seen. I would say there are probably 150 or so ready to go and they're just trickling them out. Maybe 5 or 6 a day.
    Really want stuff like slingbox player and hulu, but I am not holding my breath on those coming out so soon.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Forget releasing new apps.... Release the SDK!
    How about.... FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK! I know its in the browser but it's just not the same. Every other phone has a dedicated facebook app... Come on! Maybe they are waiting for a software update to enable video recording..? I heard that we should see that in an update as early as this week..? That would make sence as facebook may be waiting for video uploading features to be added.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Can someone inform me what is different if there were a Facebook app. compared to just opening facebook up in the browser?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    It is formatted better so you dont have to keep zooming and scrolling left to right.

It gives the opportunity to integrate notifications.

I find that the apps load faster then the facebook page since they are just loading data into the app and not actually rendering a web page.

There are other advantages, but these are the first few that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Can someone inform me what is different if there were a Facebook app. compared to just opening facebook up in the browser?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    one nice thing is you can get notifications sent to your phone, kinda like text messages, but it's quicker than the e-mail that comes from facebook. That way you don't have to keep facebook up all the time.

The page looks much cleaner since it fits your phone screen
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ahh makes perfect sense now. Thanks guys
    I would guess that we can see the facebook app within this week. if they drop that along with video record and the capability to send the video via mms, I will be sold forever on this product!
    Looks like they posted a new app called Speed Brain with some brain training exercises