1.    #1  
    It takes my pre almost 2 minutes to turn on/load up the main interface from being shut off. Anyone have this problem? It seems to be slower since the update, but mine did crash once after a dead battery so I don't know if it's just my phone or not.

Thanks
    Nope, it is normal. Hopefully it will get optimized with newer versions but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Mine too. I thought Linux was suppose to be light & fast. My Linux netbook boots up in 20 seconds. Is WebOS that complicated?

Anyone have a high-level overview of the Pre start-up steps? What's the time hog?

Or is this device meant to be kept on 24/7, with frequent charging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    Mine too. I thought Linux was suppose to be light & fast. My Linux netbook boots up in 20 seconds. Is WebOS that complicated?

Anyone have a high-level overview of the Pre start-up steps? What's the time hog?

Or is this device meant to be kept on 24/7, with frequent charging?
    Most modern devices are meant to be on 24/7. There isn't really much reason to turn it off since we have things like airplane mode.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    At what time does the auto Palm profile backup take place? I'd hate to not have any recent backup due to turning on airplane mode over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    At what time does the auto Palm profile backup take place? I'd hate to not have any recent backup due to turning on airplane mode over night.
    I think it is random when you have a good amount of signal. You can always do a manual backup if you want .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.