1.    #1  
    It's no wonder they require unlimited data for this phone. I used internet and email heavily on my previous Sanyo dumb phone and my last bill had a total of 15 Mb data usage.

In two days my Pre has chewed through 38 Mb and I assume that doesn't even count me being on wifi about half the time.
    The software update alone is 64MB, plus the apps. I have used around 150MB since saturday.
    Good stuff.
    Data yummy. *Munch, munch*
    I've pulled down about 200MB already and thats not including the software update since I used my Wi-Fi. I hope I don't hit the 5GB cap!
    38Mb? I used about 2-3 GBs a month on my iPhone on average. Glad data is supposed to be unlimited.
    I used less on my blackberry, but the browser was garbage and it went through a gateway that heavily compressed all the images.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoliver View Post
    It's no wonder they require unlimited data for this phone. I used internet and email heavily on my previous Sanyo dumb phone and my last bill had a total of 15 Mb data usage.

In two days my Pre has chewed through 38 Mb and I assume that doesn't even count me being on wifi about half the time.
    I pulled in 800 - 1000 MB of data per month with my Treo 700wx. I don't stream videos or music. Just random data from syncing with all of my email accounts and casual web surfing via Skyfire.

What your describing seems about right for this device.