Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I would of put this in the sticky thread about how to do things but it looks like it has been locked. Thought that was a good thread. Anyone know why it was locked?

So when i get a call and the screen is off, it doesn't give me an option to ignore it. I do get the option if the screen is on.

I know I can hit the power button twice but that is a pain.

Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I agree - this should be fixed. I noticed that I can press the volume rocker and it will stop ringing.

-darren
    I'm confused, what button do you want them to let you use to ignore the call? What's wrong with pressing the power button twice to ignore a call?
    Yep, this is really annoying, I had to answer the call and hang up to stop the vibration.
    Or press the volume button.
    What is the big deal about just using the power button?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    I'm confused, what button do you want them to let you use to ignore the call? What's wrong with pressing the power button twice to ignore a call?

I don't want to have a button to press to ignore the call (not stop the ringer), I want them to give me an option to ignore the call if the screen is off the same way they give the option if the screen is on.

The volume button just stops it from vibrating and ringing, it doesn't ignore the call. Hitting the power button twice is stupid and inconvenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    What is the big deal about just using the power button?
    I still can't figure it out and since they won't answer my question, I'm guessing they want volume button for stop ringing and for ignore, so that they could complain that they accidentally ignored a call when they wanted to silence it. *shrugs*
    Hi power button twice...First time ignores the call second push sends it to voice mail...

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Or slide the top ringer switch over to "red" mode, then simply walk away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Hi power button twice...First time ignores the call second push sends it to voice mail...
    He says that's too annoying in his original post
    when the screen is locked, you have to drag up to answer so you don't accidentally answer the phone. it would be tricky to add drag-up-to-ignore to that interface, right?

how would you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I don't want to have a button to press to ignore the call (not stop the ringer), I want them to give me an option to ignore the call if the screen is off the same way they give the option if the screen is on.

The volume button just stops it from vibrating and ringing, it doesn't ignore the call. Hitting the power button twice is stupid and inconvenient.
    I'm so confused. So when the screen is off you can see and touch things on the screen? Give us an example of your ideal solution to the problem you are facing.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howlsmoving View Post
    when the screen is locked, you have to drag up to answer so you don't accidentally answer the phone. it would be tricky to add drag-up-to-ignore to that interface, right?

how would you do it?
    I didn't say locked I said off (not trying to be harsh), but you make a good point, when you drag up it should give you a choice to answer or ignore not just answer the call.

I am talking about when the screen is OFF. If you get a call and the screen is OFF you can only answer it. If the screen is on you get the choice.

My perfect solution is to give me the same choices I have in the same format as when the screen is on as when the screen is locked or off.
    Waddle....your scrambling my brain! .

I get your point, maybe they could add that feature.....but in the meantime just tap the power button twice.
    It's not perfect, but it accomplishes the goal. Palm included the feature, so it's not a complete oversight on their part.
    I didn't say locked I said off (not trying to be harsh), but you make a good point, when you drag up it should give you a choice to answer or ignore not just answer the call.

I am talking about when the screen is OFF. If you get a call and the screen is OFF you can only answer it. If the screen is on you get the choice.

My perfect solution is to give me the same choices I have in the same format as when the screen is on as when the screen is locked or off.
    Do you have a camera handy (i don't have a pre so i can't do this myself (I'm a poor canadian child :'()). Turn off your screen, call yourself (private - so we don't see your number), take a picture of the device when the call starts.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to do this.

I'm guessing they did it because it makes it harder to ignore a call on accident.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I'm guessing they did it because it makes it harder to ignore a call on accident.
    I would think taking a call on accident would be worse.
    I would think taking a call on accident would be worse.
    How would you do that unless you already had your finger on the screen intending to ignore it??
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    How would you do that unless you already had your finger on the screen intending to ignore it??
    Maybe I misunderstood you. Can you clarify what you meant by "did it" in the below post?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast