Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    For those that don't have a Pre, when a call comes in, and the screen was originally turned off, there is a drag-to-answer button on-screen. You drag the on-screen button in an upward direction to answer the call.

    If a call comes in while you are using the Pre (i.e. the screen is already on), you get options to answer or ignore the call.

    So, the locked slide-to-answer screen needs an on-screen way to ignore a call. I suggest that instead of sliding up in any direction to answer, it should allow you to slide up towards the right to answer and slide up towards the left to ignore. Or vice-versa, I really don't care.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    For those that don't have a Pre, when a call comes in, and the screen was originally turned off, there is a drag-to-answer button on-screen. You drag the on-screen button in an upward direction to answer the call.

    If a call comes in while you are using the Pre (i.e. the screen is already on), you get options to answer or ignore the call.

    So, the locked slide-to-answer screen needs an on-screen way to ignore a call. I suggest that instead of sliding up in any direction to answer, it should allow you to slide up towards the right to answer and slide up towards the left to ignore. Or vice-versa, I really don't care.
    orrrr just press the power button twice like previous posts are saying??? am i missing something here?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bballintom22 View Post
    orrrr just press the power button twice like previous posts are saying??? am i missing something here?
    Evidently you are missing something. We understand that you can press the power button twice to ignore a call. If that works for you, great. The point is there could also be a visual (on-screen) option. It's about choice and preference.
  4. #24  
    i agree.. when a call comes in, have the screen with 2 options.. slide up to answer, green button, red button sayin slide up to ignore..
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    i agree.. when a call comes in, have the screen with 2 options.. slide up to answer, green button, red button sayin slide up to ignore..
    Yup, I like that idea even better than mine.
  6. #26  
    Everone is different I guess. I read this thread and I am happy with how they built it. It is nearly impossible to accidentally answer the phone now because of the slide function, and silencing is easy with the volume key.

    As long as I can silence, I don't know if I need to rush to ignore. I don't want to accidentally hang up on someone.

    But that's just my opinion.
  7. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Evidently you are missing something. We understand that you can press the power button twice to ignore a call. If that works for you, great. The point is there could also be a visual (on-screen) option. It's about choice and preference.
    So nice to wake up and find someone who helps me think I'm not on crazy pills.
  8. #28  
    lol @ waddle..

    Just wondering.. did you take your crazy pill this morning.. lol.. jk
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    I don't want to have a button to press to ignore the call (not stop the ringer), I want them to give me an option to ignore the call if the screen is off the same way they give the option if the screen is on.

    The volume button just stops it from vibrating and ringing, it doesn't ignore the call. Hitting the power button twice is stupid and inconvenient.
    u got to be kidding me...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    So nice to wake up and find someone who helps me think I'm not on crazy pills.
    Try, it's nice to wake up and find someone who knows how to put their thoughts into coherent words and phrases.
  11. #31  
    The on-screen buttons need to be included as they are on other phones. It is an easy fix since it does show both options on screen when the screen is on. The power button still takes some fumbling to find since it is so flush to the casing. Don't get me wrong, I like it and have been using it but when you look at the screen to see who is calling, it is a lot easier and more intuitive to simply press ignore. Those who like using the power button - more power to you - I am sure you will continue to be able to do so.
  12. #32  
    I've got a question for all of you. Do you really ignore calls all that often? I mean, from what I understand, ignore sends the caller directly to voicemail. I don't know about you, but when I'm ignoring someone, I don't want them to know I'm ignoring them and instead just turn off the ringer anyway.
  13. #33  
    Honestly, I'm a bit mystified with this thread. The Palm Pre is the first smartphone that didn't accidently ignore a call "for" me.
  14. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #34  
    Again, what's wrong with hitting the power button once to silence the ringer/vibrator and hitting it once more to reject the call?

    It makes it less likely to accidentally answer the call if the screen is locked.
  15. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Again, what's wrong with hitting the power button once to silence the ringer/vibrator and hitting it once more to reject the call?

    It makes it less likely to accidentally answer the call if the screen is locked.
    because grown men/women on these boards like to act like babies...
    people dont understand that having a touch button to ignore a call when the phone was previously locked defeats the purpose of the phone being locked in the first place as it can be accidentally ignored/answered.
  16. #36  
    If the pre had an End button, we would be all good.

    I've got a question for all of you. Do you really ignore calls all that often?
    When I'm in a meeting and a call comes in that I don't want to take, I ignore it. It's better than letting the phone buzz or light up while it's on the table.

    because grown men/women on these boards like to act like babies...
    people dont understand that having a touch button to ignore a call when the phone was previously locked defeats the purpose of the phone being locked in the first place as it can be accidentally ignored/answered.
    It could be made into a swipe gesture, similar to "slide to unlock".

    No point in calling ppl names...
  17. #37  
    Ummm...until I came to this thread, I had absolutely NO IDEA how to ignore a call, and I have had my phone for a week trying to figure it out. An ignore on the screen would have been nice!
  18. #38  
    This probably rates at one of the most unnecessary feature requests I've seen on this forum. Considering all the other MAJOR missing features and bugs, I think learning to press a button is not too much to ask.
  19. #39  
    Look, the point of the device is to be as intuitive as possible--where the user does not have to read the manual or go to this forum to determine such a basic action. If the user is provided with a visible notification and action to accept a call (e.g., green "Slide up to accept call") it is not unreasonable to provide a parallel notification and action to reject the call (e.g., red "Slide down to reject call"). Yes, you can press the power button or volume rocker but those actions are neither intuitive nor parallel. Just because this is not a huge issue does not make it illegitimate or unworthy of correction. Good product design comes from addressing details both major and minor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions