1.    #1  
    really need help on this one
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Huh?
    The vibrate is usually generated by a small out of balance motor so probably no change is possible.
    Place the device on different objects to change the vibrate sound.

Here are some common techniques used for changing the vibration sound on any device.
    1) Place device on a soft bed to get nearly silent vibrations.
    2) Tightly hold the device in your hand (minimizes case vibrations, thus eliminating noise) to get a completely silent vibration sound.
    3) Place the device on a desk (careful, it may slide off and break!!) to get a LOUD vibrate sound.

P.S. Were you being serious?
    Well, you could put it on a metal desk, a wooden desk, a plastic desk, and pillow, in your pocket, on rubber. The possibilities for vibration sounds are endless (depending on your immediate environment, of course).

/sarcasm. In all seriousness, John is correct, the phone is vibrating. That is what makes the sound, a small motor moving the phone around very quickly. Here's some more info Vibration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edti: Damn you ellianth! 1 minute before me haha. I just had to get that wiki link I guess.
    The desk makes the classic BZZZZ especially with iPhones. The Pre's motor is pretty weak.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Place the device on different objects to change the vibrate sound.

Here are some common techniques used for changing the vibration sound on any device.
    1) Place device on a soft bed to get nearly silent vibrations.
    2) Tightly hold the device in your hand (minimizes case vibrations, thus eliminating noise) to get a completely silent vibration sound.
    3) Place the device on a desk (careful, it may slide off and break!!) to get a LOUD vibrate sound.

P.S. Were you being serious?
    OMG, funniest post I've read all day.
    Really, is this a real question?

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    His first post is THAT?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Maybe he was thinking about using the Pre for other forms of entertainment.
    Maybe he is a she.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.