Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After deleting songs the hard way, via explorer, I had to hard-reset my phone to fix the music library, because i could not get the music library to refresh. It was a huge pain, and I will never use itunes again. I still don't know why I thought it was a good idea.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    a fact that is being left out is that you have to manually manage your music in iTunes. Then you can remove the iPod_Control folder from the Pre and then go back to iTunes and delete only the songs from the playists that you want deleted and then only sync the playlists you want on your Pre.

If you want all your music on your Pre except for a handfull of songs, then 1) create a playlist called "All Music" 2) put every song you have on it. [except for the ones you want to exclude] 3) and, sync the all music playlist.

alternately you can uncheck/untick the songs you don't want synced, like someone else said, also.

So much for that..... My problem is that "Music Player" is searching /media/internal/virtual-keyboard for songs. Oddly enough, I am not sure why it's not searching the ringtones folder. there are songs there that don't show up in music player. but in the virtual keyboard folder there is a click1.wav file that keeps showing up in music player.

I would rather that it didn't do this.... Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    help?!
    Bumpin' this...

I synched some music WAAAY back with iTunes, and would like to get it off the Pre now. It won't show up in iTunes, and they don't show up when I open the Pre in USB mode on the computer...

any help?
    bump?
    Did you try showing the hidden folders when in usb mode? The folder with the itunes music might be named f4
    Try through internals on the phone or on your pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    Bumpin' this...

I synched some music WAAAY back with iTunes, and would like to get it off the Pre now. It won't show up in iTunes, and they don't show up when I open the Pre in USB mode on the computer...

any help?
    I did the same thing. Synced with iTunes way back. If you go into your phone using Windows Explorer and enable hidden folders, you should see a folder labeled "iPod Control" or something like that. I just deleted the whole folder. I wanted to get rid of ALL music, though, so if you want to be more picky about it, you will have to dig into the weird named folders and find the stuff you want to delete.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12