1.    #1  
    Hey folks... Just out of curiousity have any of you ever used SquareTrade to insure your phones? SquareTrade | Great Warranty Deals on Laptops, TVs, iPods & More

Just curious how you feel their value and experience is?
    Im seriously considering squaretrade. I hate paying Asurion $7 a month and then having to pay $100 for a replacement (and it will be a refurb when refurbs are available) if something goes wrong
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Only used them for my GPS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
    Im seriously considering squaretrade. I hate paying Asurion $7 a month and then having to pay $100 for a replacement (and it will be a refurb when refurbs are available) if something goes wrong
    SquareTrade really seems like a good deal... 2 years coverage + accidental damage protection is just $96 or $4/month. They seem like a good company too.

I know a coworker of mine used them for his iPhone. He had dropped the phone and the screen shattered. He had a brand new iPhone in just five days. But that's the only person I've known to use them. Just curious if anyone else has had good or bad experiences with them.
    Do they cover lost or stolen?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

6.    #6  
    Just running some numbers here....

So lets say your Pre gets smashed. You've paid $96 for the warranty and the $50 deductible is taken from their payout (max payout is $399). You receive $349 from SquareTrade to purchase a new phone. A new Pre is $549 outright.

[$549(new Pre) - $349(payout)] + $96(warranty)

Total = $296 ouch

You know... all these warranties suck.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Do they cover lost or stolen?
    No... Here are the details: SquareTrade - Cell Phone Insurance & Cell Phone Warranty
    Just a thought. Check your homeowners policies. I have $8K rider for all my electronics, including phone with no deductible. I think it is less than $50 a year, last time I looked I think it was $34. USAA
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Just a thought. Check your homeowners policies. I have $8K rider for all my electronics, including phone with no deductible. I think it is less than $50 a year, last time I looked I think it was $34. USAA
    Wouldnt the deductible on that be pretty high. A homeowners claim from Allstate is usually a $250 + deductible.
    I am going to check, I think it is 10% of the value.
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    Just running some numbers here....

So lets say your Pre gets smashed. You've paid $96 for the warranty and the $50 deductible is taken from their payout (max payout is $399). You receive $349 from SquareTrade to purchase a new phone. A new Pre is $549 outright.

[$549(new Pre) - $349(payout)] + $96(warranty)

Total = $296 ouch

You know... all these warranties suck.
    Check out this thread. I think what you do is register it as "other electronics" and then put in the 549 purchase price.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...retrade-2.html
    Last edited by jabo; 06/09/2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: spelling, forgot link