1.    #1  
    So I'm not sure if this has been posted alread, if it has been then I'm sorry. But I just noticed something that, if true, is pretty cool.

I was playing with my new pre and was connected to my wi-fi when the doorbell rang. I turn the screen off deal with the neighbor, and turn the screen back on. The first thing I notice while unlocking the screen is that the evdo symbol was showing. After unlocking the screen isaw the wi-fi signal come back on and but was disconnected, showed the connecting symbol (w/ the thee dots) and then the connected symbol again, all in the matter of seconds.

Does that mean that with the screen off my pre will actually shut down the wi-fi radio ... If so I love this thing even more than I thought!
    That is pretty awesome. Today I was working in a control booth that is so surrounded by pipes and wiring that I might as well be in a Faraday cage. I didn't have much of a signal so I turned off the cellular radio rather than drain the battery and I turned on Wifi for some browsing during a break. I had been shutting it off manually when I wasn't using it actively but apparently I don't need to
  3.    #3  
    That's what it looks like, but I would love some confirmation from someone who knows a little more than me.that way I can just leave the wi-fi on at home and not worry about killing the battery with the phone in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Shut off wifi if you are in an area of questionable wifi availability... it'll drain your battery super fast searching for networks (just like if your phone was searching for a phone signal).
    wifi looks to be operating the same way for me. it always reconnects after waking it up
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    wifi will disconnect if you are on battery, however if you have the phone plugged in, it will stay connected. I am not sure if the phone will continue to search for networks or not when you lock the screen and have wifi disconnected...
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    if wifi is disabled it doesn't search for networks... the screen being locked or not doesn't change this