1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

New Palm Pre owner here. I've got a few questions:

Is there any way to turn off the shutter sound?

I'll think of more soon. I know I had more than that...

Thanks
    Which sound are you talking about? You can more than likely turn it off in:

Sounds and Ringtones -> System sounds

Flip that to off.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I don't think you can turn off the shutter sound, I just flip the ringer switch to silent before I take a pic...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ibuprof View Post
    Hey guys,

New Palm Pre owner here. I've got a few questions:

Is there any way to turn off the shutter sound?

I'll think of more soon. I know I had more than that...

Thanks
    I think he's referring to snapping pictures, though I could be wrong. Interesting note though slightly tangent, the Gov't is looking into requiring all camera applications on phones to have some sort of shutter sound when taking pictures to curb the "stealthy" upskirt pictures victimizing people in public....I hope that's not where this was headed.
    Maybe there us something wrong with my phone, but I can't seem to get that sound to turn on with my phone. Haha, oh well I hate that sound anyways. (Oh, and my system sounds are set to on, shows what I know, right?)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre View Post
    I think he's referring to snapping pictures, though I could be wrong. Interesting note though slightly tangent, the Gov't is looking into requiring all camera applications on phones to have some sort of shutter sound when taking pictures to curb the "stealthy" upskirt pictures victimizing people in public....I hope that's not where this was headed.
    hahah no. I often take pictures in public and it's awfully loud and draws attention.

Another question:

The Sprint rep told me that the car charger is "special" and I could mess up my Pre if I use a third party charger. Is there any truth to this?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ibuprof View Post
    hahah no. I often take pictures in public and it's awfully loud and draws attention.

Another question:

The Sprint rep told me that the car charger is "special" and I could mess up my Pre if I use a third party charger. Is there any truth to this?
    Bump. Any truth to this?