1.    #1  
    Do any of you think Visual Voicemail will be added in the future, I mean Sprint already has the capability and licensing

Sprint licenses Visual Voicemail for the Samsung Instinct
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
  2.    #2  
    Dont mean to be rude by bumping, but was kinda hoping for others opinions.
    I don't really know very much about this, but I did have an Instinct and this was a great feature. My guess it would take some cooperation between Palm and Sprint, but anything still seems possible at this point.
    on my G1 I have been using Phone Fusion for a long time, I am sure they will jump on board after todays news.
    hope so. i love vvm. thought it would be a gimmick before getting my instinct. now i view it as one of the only good features of the phone (telenav and live search the others).
    It is still possible in the future since Sprint supports it. Whether or not it happens is a different story. I would love to have it though and I think most people would as well.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    They better. I want this feature.
    Does anyone think the absence of the "Rewind, Play, Stop, Delete" buttons on the Pre means Visual Voicemail is in the pipeline?

Thoughts?
    How about youmail as an alternative?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    You can be sure that Youmail will provide an app in the appstore as soon as it's ready. It's a great, free visual voicemail.
    Youmail is great, except that Sprint charges to forward your calls to it. So, either pay $.20 per call so can have VVM, or go to a company who doesn't charge you. That or just deal with not having it at all...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I could of sworn that Ed Colligan mentioned Visual Voicemail back at CES, but then they cut it out because of time constraints. This feature is probably in the pipe.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    It's correct that Sprint does charge for regular, universal Call Forwarding, however Sprint Does Not Charge for the following:

From YouMail Web Site:
    "Option A - Sprint Support Enables Unanswered Call Forwarding
    1. Call (888) 211-4727 (Sprint PCS's technical support line). You should hear "Welcome to the Sprint Technical Support desk".
    2. Ask them to turn on "call forward busy" and "call forward no answer" on your cell phone, so that your phone will ring before calls go to YouMail. Confirm that they are not turning on "regular", "normal", or "immediate?" call forwarding.
    3. When they ask what number to forward calls to, tell them 7142043114.

If for some reason a customer service representative can't help you, politely request for a tech support representative"

I've had this enabled on my work BlackBerry line for several months. I will say it is a pain calling into Sprint and asking them to set this up. Although Sprint Customer Service is improving by leaps and bounds. My experiences lately have ranged from Fair to Excellent!
    They already said it was coming for the pre. Forgot where I was reading it. I will find the link and post it up here.
    Coming from an Instinct, I do miss this feature quite a lot. I hope this is at the top of Sprint's Pre list.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Being the first to complete my purchase at Easton on Saturday, they took my pic with the Palm rep, and he (needlessly) gave me an intro to gestures, etc. I took that opportunity to ask about the lack of VVM (I have a vested interest in VVM). He indicated that it's an opportunity for 3rd party vendors. So I asked "does that mean it's on the way?" And he just said "nothing has been announced."
    Bok
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bok View Post
    Being the first to complete my purchase at Easton on Saturday, they took my pic with the Palm rep, and he (needlessly) gave me an intro to gestures, etc. I took that opportunity to ask about the lack of VVM (I have a vested interest in VVM). He indicated that it's an opportunity for 3rd party vendors. So I asked "does that mean it's on the way?" And he just said "nothing has been announced."
    Second at my Best Buy store, but I got a Corporate Sprint employee to handle me and got my picture taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by k425 View Post
    It's correct that Sprint does charge for regular, universal Call Forwarding, however Sprint Does Not Charge for the following:

From YouMail Web Site:
    "Option A - Sprint Support Enables Unanswered Call Forwarding
    1. Call (888) 211-4727 (Sprint PCS's technical support line). You should hear "Welcome to the Sprint Technical Support desk".
    2. Ask them to turn on "call forward busy" and "call forward no answer" on your cell phone, so that your phone will ring before calls go to YouMail. Confirm that they are not turning on "regular", "normal", or "immediate?" call forwarding.
    3. When they ask what number to forward calls to, tell them 7142043114.

If for some reason a customer service representative can't help you, politely request for a tech support representative"

I've had this enabled on my work BlackBerry line for several months. I will say it is a pain calling into Sprint and asking them to set this up. Although Sprint Customer Service is improving by leaps and bounds. My experiences lately have ranged from Fair to Excellent!
    Trust me, this does not work. It may have worked for a few, but save yourself the effort. I along with about 30 others tried this back in the day and it supposedly worked, but we all got charged and had to cancel it. The reps are told that they will be fired if they do this for customers, it does not work.
    Don't hold out much hope for it. 3rd party solutions are not viable unless sprint changes the call forwarding charge policy. Also if sprint wanted it on the device they would have licensed it just like the instinct. My guess is they are betting on it being a nice feature most will live without.
    Yeah, I am just going to wait for Google voice to Port numbers (Which is rumored to be in testing now). Once that happens, it will make things a lot easier.