Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I'm sure a lot of people on here would be excited to hear this. I sent an email to orb asking if they had any plans to support the Pre. Here was the response

    We should make the standard Orb compatible in the next couple of weeks. We plan an app, but don't have a schedule yet -- end of year?
    My guess would be that he means that streaming should be supported in the browser in a few weeks.
  2. #2  
    Same response too:

    "I think you should be able to make the standard Orb work with the Pre in the next couple of weeks. We will most likely also build a special app sometime this year."
  3. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #3  
    When in the mycast page in the browser, it doesn't seem like you can force it to go to the Desktop browser AJAX style page. There is just the "mobile" and "home theater" layouts. The home theater one works definitely looks nicer than the mobile layout.
  4. jeff_b's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #4  
    Next is a Slingbox solution!
  5. #5  
    Ugh_ while Orb is fantastic, I'm sure not looking for another reason to drain my already strained battery life. Palm should offer up a free extra battery IMO.
  6. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladihater View Post
    Ugh_ while Orb is fantastic, I'm sure not looking for another reason to drain my already strained battery life. Palm should offer up a free extra battery IMO.
    Yeah that is true. I guess I would likely just be doing some streaming while it is sitting on my touchstone on my desk.
  7. #7  
    I got Orb to work fine already. For me it only works if the server is on WinXP. It doesn't work under Vista SP2.

    Everything works... video, audio, file browsing, everything. Just awesome. The media player is basic though. IE, you can't skip to next song in a playlist.

    Live in the cloud!
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladihater View Post
    Ugh_ while Orb is fantastic, I'm sure not looking for another reason to drain my already strained battery life. Palm should offer up a free extra battery IMO.
    There are two situations I usually stream. When I'm in my car (can charge while playing through car stereo) and while at work (can charge off computer). I stream at work through phone because they don't allow streaming on the company network.

    I love it. It's truly living in the cloud. I have over 150GB of music and over 750GB of video now on 'the cloud'. Can also access my entire photo library from home computer.

    BTW, it sounds really good at 160Kbps stream, much much better than Pandora, which sounds like it's streaming at 32Kbps.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  9. fib.seq's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #9  
    My orb on the pre:
    -can stream one audio file, but not a second without restarting the browser (no playlists either)
    -can start a video file, but if i hit stop (pause), it will not restart
    -pictures work fine

    Settings: 3GP-AAC/RTSP, computer on WinXP SP3

    Does anyone who has made it work smoothly have any advice?
  10. #10  
    great news. i loved orb on my Q.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I got Orb to work fine already. For me it only works if the server is on WinXP. It doesn't work under Vista SP2.

    Everything works... video, audio, file browsing, everything. Just awesome. The media player is basic though. IE, you can't skip to next song in a playlist.

    Live in the cloud!
    I doubt you tried Internet Radio because that doesn't work.
  12. krische's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
       #12  
    I tried it again and streaming video seems to work now. I wonder if it was something fixed in 1.0.3 also I have found video sometimes takes a couple of tries to work.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I doubt you tried Internet Radio because that doesn't work.
    Worked for me. I have uSirius locally streaming to Orb, which recodes for streaming to the Pre. Of course, the player will stop in the background on the Pre, but it works.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    When in the mycast page in the browser, it doesn't seem like you can force it to go to the Desktop browser AJAX style page. There is just the "mobile" and "home theater" layouts. The home theater one works definitely looks nicer than the mobile layout.
    COMPLETELY off subject....dude, LOVE THE AVATAR LOL
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I doubt you tried Internet Radio because that doesn't work.
    I take that back. I never used Orb before but now after seeing what settings needed to be tweaked and to what specific levels I think I've got it. I think I'm going to post a definitive guide for newbies on how to do this since It really doesn't work out of the box.


    Definitive Guide To Setting Up Orb On Pre



    .
    Last edited by deesugar; 06/25/2009 at 01:12 AM.

Posting Permissions