Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    But all the stories of broken/cracked Pres are scaring me. I seem to drop my phones on hard surfaces a few times per year, and from the stories I'm hearing, the Pre may not survive even one fall. We might be dealing with sample bias, though, because drops that survive are not likely to be reported.
    I agree with sample bias, but these phones (iPhone included) are more fragile than my Centro. Flush and large screens are a compromise. we have to accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    I would like to see this device get some quick updates before it gets super popular because the last thing they need is a lot of people with these phones complaining. It's already pretty bad on here, but I'm confident that once they get a few kinks worked out this thing will be a true killer.
    Agreed. THey need to fix a few more things before the big marketing push. Groups like ours need to post the tips and tricks lists and some how to's for the newbs that just want the darn thing to work and have NO patience with 1.0 releases.
    We're pretty impressed by the new iPhone features, for the most part.

From what I understand, it's got voice command features that range from "Call Phillip J. Fry" to "Play songs by Prince."

The price drops are really something, too.

People who follow these things like hawks aren't terribly surprised, I guess, but for many consumers it will boil down to something more simple than whether the big announcement was a big surprise. It will be "Do I want an iPod that can make calls, copy/paste, and respond to voice commands or do I want a Pre which can... [insert however Spralm finally markets the device]."

But I agree that Palm is piggybacking somewhat successfully.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12