1.    #1  
    I picked up my Pre early saturday morning, as did most of you... and the first thing I did was the update for the alarm clock, etc...

I'm wondering if ANYONE has any clue as to how often Palm is going to push updates, or whatever...

They've GOT to be listening/reading to the complaints/mod ideas to their phone...

Personally I LOVE IT... I've had a lot of experience with the Iphone, and was thinking about switching service to ATT till I read about this phone... and now would not even THINK of leaving...

I get full bars on sprint at my house, and rarely drop service.

I have/had an 16g itouch, I'm currently selling because I no longer have a use for it.

BUT, that's my only real wonder, is the updates.
    I don't think anyone knows the answer to that. When Palm was young, they would periodially offer updated OSs which you could DL from their site and install. Then, for a short time they tried charging $5 for the updated OS. That didn't go over. Eventually they just stopped providing updated OSs except for bug patches.

I would venture to guess, however, that updates will be fairly frequent. Palm want's this to be big. The only way to do that is to update frequently. This will help to get word out that Palm is continuously working to improve their product.
  3.    #3  
    Well yeah HONESTLY I'm thinking that MOST people's complaints will be fixed by the 3rd or 4th update... probably...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepintothedark View Post
    Well yeah HONESTLY I'm thinking that MOST people's complaints will be fixed by the 3rd or 4th update... probably...
    OTA microSD add-on!!???

I still don't see that as an issue..(sd card)..with orb coming soon and pandora, there is plenty of ways to access music and videos without storing it...besides I'm sick of losing or misplacing those little cards. I do miss the menu button.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My Pre crashed a few times (had to do a battery pull) - then I did the update and the crashing stopped. As a system administrator I find this concept completely foreign. Usually my updates from IBM and Microsoft break things instead of fixing them!
    Yeah but to add that ota would be a hell of a feat.
    If Palm wasn't going to push out regular updates, we wouldn't see an OTA update application.

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - How do Palm webOS system updates work?

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

The updates can't happen overnight. Palm has to identify bugs, find the problem in the code, test the new code out for a few days to make sure they didn't cause a new bug by fixing the old bug, they might have to test with Sprint and get Sprint's approval (hopefully not), and then push the update after they fix numerous bugs.

All of Palm's eggs are in one basket now, they're going to take care of that basket.
  9.    #9  
    Crazy, I'm not saying they should have all fixes out by the end of the week/month...

that's insane... but like I read in a thread already on here... I'm wondering if sprint is kinda pressuring them to having some major fixes done by the beginning of July, so people won't turn their phones back in....

not that I will, I still really like mine.. best phone I've owned so far... by a LOT!
  10.    #10  
    Crazy, I'm not saying they should have all fixes out by the end of the week/month...

that's insane... but like I read in a thread already on here... I'm wondering if sprint is kinda pressuring them to having some major fixes done by the beginning of July, so people won't turn their phones back in....

not that I will, I still really like mine.. best phone I've owned so far... by a LOT!