1.    #1  
    Ok is anyone else having this problem?

I have an aim account on my pre and it worked good for a while.

But then I clicked the little green circle next to your status and clicked on offline cause I didn't want anyone bothering me.

So then I go and try to log back on(clicking the gray dot and then clicking the avaible) and it said signing in... And it said that for a while... Then the gray dot finally went green but no buddies showed up... And it keeps doing that. I can't see any of my aim buddies....

Anyone know why?(I'm on wifi with full signal. And have tried it with full evdo) no sigar.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    *bumb* sorry...
    Exact same issue for me. Worked great the first day I had the phone, so I know it was setup correct. Set it to offline, and now when I try to connect it tells me it's connected but no buddies. Interestingly if I'm connected to AIM on my main computer through pidgin I get a message indicating another client signed in. So the Pre is making it that far, but then getting lost somewhere along the way it seems.

FIXED:
    I restarted the phone and now it works. Kind of lame, but oh well. Better than it not working at all.
    Last edited by vertebrate; 06/11/2009 at 11:38 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah I was just going to say that. All you have to do it restart and it works
    where did u get aim from for the Pre?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i havent had this issue, but was wondering if u guys tried to close the app, then open it back up? if u have, then reseting it is the only other option...

hmm... unless try to turn radio off n turn it on? *shrug* just thinking out loud!
    While in the messaging app and in the buddies section, check your options (top left corner) and make sure your offline buddies aren't hidden... Until I realized that mine were hidden and if no one is online then no one will show up in your buddy list...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    where did u get aim from for the Pre?
    It comes with the phone. Go to messaging and add an AIM account.
    I had an issue re-signing in too. BTW, for anyone annoyed at the different buddies added to your overall contacts list, create a blank/throwaway contact listing, and merge all the SNs/people you dont want to talk to with that throwaway contact listing, so instead of showing them all individually, they'll all be under that.