1.    #1  
    I was doing some searching on the Palm Pre and came across something pretty amazing. There are javascript/DHTML games out there that work pretty nicely in the Palm Pre web browser.

The two I found so far are:

Lemmings - games dot funnygames dot nl/lemmings/index.html
    Minesweeper - examancer dot com/minesweeper/

If you resize the screen (using the pinch-zoom method), both games become quite playable. Also, you can save web pages to the launcher and run them like they were built-in apps.

There are other Javascript/DHTML games here: www dot webresourcesdepot dot com/25-amazing-javascript-games-some-fun-and-inspiration/

However you'll notice many of them require that you use either the keyboard arrow keys or the mouse. So since we don't have arrow keys and the "mouse cursor" in the browser scrolls the web page, it's not possible to play many of these games. However, all of these games really show off the potential of what a custom WebOS game could be.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I was doing some searching on the Palm Pre and came across something pretty amazing. There are javascript/DHTML games out there that work pretty nicely in the Palm Pre web browser.

The two I found so far are:

Lemmings - games dot funnygames dot nl/lemmings/index.html
    Minesweeper - examancer dot com/minesweeper/

If you resize the screen (using the pinch-zoom method), both games become quite playable. Also, you can save web pages to the launcher and run them like they were built-in apps.

There are other Javascript/DHTML games here: www dot webresourcesdepot dot com/25-amazing-javascript-games-some-fun-and-inspiration/

However you'll notice many of them require that you use either the keyboard arrow keys or the mouse. So since we don't have arrow keys and the "mouse cursor" in the browser scrolls the web page, it's not possible to play many of these games. However, all of these games really show off the potential of what a custom WebOS game could be.
    I was thinking of once the sdk comes out you could write an app for the games and include some on-screen controls.
    I would love this game on the pre. as soon as adobe can get working on this. You think macromedia would of had this done already?
    Some of these works:
    Under Clouds Games - Games

and i like this one. simple, but fun : SquarO
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
    I would love this game on the pre. as soon as adobe can get working on this. You think macromedia would of had this done already?
    One of the cool things is that more and more flash features are coming to browsers (firefox, webkit (so iphone/pre), opera) so more and more games should start leaving the crappy flash world and port over to pure web technologies.
    Heh. You don't have 10 posts so you couldn't submit the links. Sucks, but I guess its keeps spammers away or something, right?

Here are the actual links for anyone who wants to click through this thread:

DHTML Lemmings! - by crisp
    MineSweeper for the Palm Pre (and I guess the iPhone too) (mine )

I'm sure there are many more. I just found one I wanted and made some modifications (with permission) to create a version for the Pre.
  7.    #8  
    Thanks for adding the links. I'm hoping that people can post any URLs they find to this thread.
    In a couple posts you'll hit your requisite 10 and then YOU can start posting links too! ;-)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    How do you play games like worldofsolitaire where you have to click on a card and drag it?
    Right now? I don't think you can. The games will have to be modified so that you can click once to pick up and click again to put down.