Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    So frustrated because the voice signal strength is poor and I can't see if it's a glitch that can be fixed with an upgrade because the phone doesn't hold an EVDO connection long enough to download one. Will the airave help with both connections? Sprint CS claims yes, but is that just an attempt to keep me from going back to Verizon?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I don't quite understand your issue, but I decided to get an Airave before getting the Pre, to be sure that I had good strength at home. This is my only phone.

So far the Airave has worked very well. I'm a bit wierded out by what appears to be occasional multi-second lapses to the standard airwave, but that may be just because the standard airwave may occasionally have enough strength to take the signal (a tone plays over the line when switching). In any case, I have not seen any interruption in anything, and data and voice are both strong.
    good to know. i just got sprint to comp me one. my wife and I have been supremely frustrated by the lack of signal strength at home.
    Airrave works only on 1x. It does not support EVDO.
    Won't you just use wifi for data while at home anyway?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Airrave works only on 1x. It does not support EVDO.
    Oh, you're right -- I just checked the docs. I didn't realize that. Even so, I somehow downloaded the 1.0.2 webOS in only a few minutes, from a place in my house where I usually only get one bar on the standard airwave.

My phone reports the "Ev" symbol, but it's sometimes grey, sometimes white. Don't know what that means. However, it's also reporting 5 bars, since I'm sitting right next to the Airave.