1.    #1  
    Don't make fun of me please....

I was annoyed by how difficult it was to open the slider....

i played with it a bunch today and i finally figured out how to open it with one hand....

While holding the pre in your palm, put your thumb right where the screen meets the gesture area and slide up....

The little extra wideness of the pre allows you to catch your thumb....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    I just put my thumb in the middle of the touch screen and push/slide it open.

-
    Worked like a charm!! Thanks. I had the same problem and it was making me frustrated.
    This is described in the user's guide as the way to open it.
  5.    #5  
    talk about your all time backfires....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    not easy for me
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I know where the guys coming from. From day one I was reluctant to put my thumb near the screen because I was afraid Id damage the screen pressing down on it with my thumb. I looked for ways to do it any other way, trying to push on the rounded edges just wasn't cutting it. Finally I got comfortable with pushing against the screen and now I dont even think about it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    This is described in the user's guide as the way to open it.
    Where is the user guide? I hope its not that thing that came with the phone.I want a full manual.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I have started a wiki for the pre. this is the type of tip that should be added to it.

for example, I added it to the screen and slider page:
    palmpre - screen_slider

I know it's really ugly and there might be typos, but hopefully if we can get enough people using the wiki, it will be a really nice source of info.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I just put my thumb in the middle of the touch screen and push/slide it open.

-
    i do the same.. seems to work the best
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Wow, I feel kind of stupid - I thought it was a pain to open too until I just tried your suggestion...thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zacqueishasmith@yahoo.com View Post
    Where is the user guide? I hope its not that thing that came with the phone.I want a full manual.
    You can download the manual from Palm.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Don't be afraid to put some force into the pre. Thats what you pay $7 bucks a month for.
    I thought I was only one with problems with the slider. The phone is too slippery. Probably get the touchstone just to get the matte back cover. In any case I use the plastic screen cover that came with the phone. I press the screen in the middle to slide up. However, the problem I encountered was the phone would auto unlock. A quick fix to this problem is activate the PIN phone lock.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    go to Sprint eLearning Center Landing Page, click on the pre and you can get to the manual there. It over 300 pages. You can download it as a pdf file.