Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I keep reading about people getting the Pre for $350 when they were only eligible for the 1 year upgrade. Anyone care to shed some light on how this is done?
    i dont' get it either... it's damn loophole...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    probably didn't have to renew the contract so they just had to pay a little bit more.
    I have a $75 upgrade allowance that is not effective until 7/1. So at this time my cost looks like 549.99-75 plus tax and possibly no $100MIR. Idk, there are so many stories, yoo cannot tell what;s the truth or all are truthful but happen in different states.
    I had $150 upgrade credit but was switching to a new plan so I got $150 new customer credit for that instead. The $150 upgrade is still on my account.
    I verified this with the eCare chat earlier today.
    that probably explains why i got it from $200 after the $100 rebate. I assume that because I had to kick my SERO plan and get the new "approved" plan..
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The one year upgrade price at Best Buy is $350. That is just how much they are selling it for. No tricks, no mail-in-rebates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    The one year upgrade price at Best Buy is $350. That is just how much they are selling it for. No tricks, no mail-in-rebates.
    You could probably send the rebate in with that too. Sometimes you get lucky and the rebate gets accepted. Worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil1528 View Post
    $350 would make the price MUCH more palatable for me then the $475 from the Sprint Store.....
    i don't know how they're doing it but if you call sprint and renew your contract now (have to be out of contract) they're giving a $100 credit on your account. it won't mess up your discount because that's based on the time since you last purchased a phone. so if you renew your contract then go and buy it a bb, you could get it for $250 (but still have to pay $350 at bb - you'll just have $100 less to pay on your bill this month!)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've had a BlackBerry on Sprint for a year and still had a year left on contract, and when I went the rep told me I would get a $75 discount off the phone.

When I told her that online it said I can get up to $150 off, she checked in the computer and said I was actually eligible for the full discounted price of $199 (After Rebate).

I think someone at Sprint is just looking over me, or something..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Best Buy has their own pricing setup. This is also the reason they list the "Full Retail" price of the Pre at $800
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I went to my local sprint store and they told me that I would have to pay 550 for the phone. I went to Best Buy Mobile and they told me I was eligible for the FULL upgrade and I know my contract is not up until December. However, I played with the model and decided that the phone was too small for my hands so... now I am waiting for Sprint to get Android!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Call Sprint Account Services and ask nicely if you are eligible for an early upgrade and if they can reset your rebate eligibility. Especially with the iPhone 3GS being introduced yesterday, any threat of moving to AT&T once your contract is up ought to be taken seriously.
    why does this type of thread open up every time lol sprint probably by FAR has the easiest upgrade to understand of any carriers....
    75 eligible means its ONLY 75 off retail price, UNLESS best buy from what I just read....

150 eligible for existing customers pretty much means NEW CUSTOMER PRICING or web price ....

only different at best buy on ANY phone ANY carrier for customers is NO MAIL IN REBATE they give it up front....and new customers OFTEN get it cheaper than advertised web price
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I had a one year and paid $475.....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    You have to be a Sprint premier member. I've been with sprint since 2001. I got the same offer when I got my Instinct a year ago.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mengy007 View Post
    You have to be a Sprint premier member. I've been with sprint since 2001. I got the same offer when I got my Instinct a year ago.
    Can anyone verify this? Not that I'm doubting you...
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Yes, I am sprint Premire got the Pre for $350, I asked got retentions on the Phone on Saturday and the manager made notes credited my account and paid $350.00
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    can people confirm that best buy 250 if i renew my contract?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast