Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    btw: i've only been with sprint for a year
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I wonder if premier customers get it for a lower price? Seems odd to me.
    I got mine for $199.99+tax. i was not eligible for an upgrade at all.
    I opened a new line, then later called sprint and griped to them that
    nowhere in the advertisements did it say that i needed to "open a new line" or "be eligible for an upgrade". it just said "upgrade".
    I then got transferred to the "cancellation" department. they were more than happy
    to cancel the new line that was opened and switch the pre to my existing#.
    all it takes is not taking no for an answer.
    remember..."If you do not ask....It is a definite no."
    Try Radio Shack. I went to one store and they wanted to charge $350 since I only qualified for the $75. Another store down the street only charged $200 with a new plan. This has happened before when I bought the centro.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Try Radio Shack. I went to one store and they wanted to charge $350 since I only qualified for the $75. Another store down the street only charged $200 with a new plan. This has happened before when I bought the centro.

Radio shack is an amazing place, I know since I worked at one before working for a Sprint Authorized store. Chances are good you got the Pre for $350 at radio shack because they gave you the mail-in in store as well as the instant rebate, neither of which you qualify for since you are only 1-year qualified ($75 discount). The fact that you got it is a error in your favor. This happens a lot at Radio shack stores since their price tags are badly written and their employees are badly trained. The lost money will be taken from the store, they have no way to take the money from you.
    Congrats on your extra discounts.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exstatica View Post
    I wonder if premier customers get it for a lower price? Seems odd to me.
    Premier customer get the same price as everyone else, they just get their upgrades more often.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12