Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    More hate from Olivia Munn

"I wish I could grow balls, so the Pre could suck them. Get the new iPhone- it can take video!"

I don't get her beef really. I would think she would be more positive about it. I think she just doesn't know how to use it.
    You should've seen it before she corrected her comment. It was basically the same but said, it has video chat.

So i replied back to her asking since when did the Iphone have video chat? Then I said I guess you didn't watch AOTS yesterday did you?

She changed it, immediately.
    Oliva Munn is a ***** made to look like a geek. Her opinion doesn't mean ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Angry much?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    It's not that serious. lol.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    For anyone who missed it (like me), here it is: Palm Pre Review - G4tv.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Angry much?
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    It's not that serious. lol.
    LOL! Not really, just telling it like it is

When I saw her tweet about the Pre, I sent her a reply saying that "someone has sand in their va gina. . ."
    That girl is completely clueless. She should just stand there and close her mouth.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Kevin was fair, Oliva came across like a hater.
    Gadget Pron and Kevin's reviews are usually pretty good and he usually is fair and he seemed to maintain that.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I thought it was fair but I would expect them to give the iphone 4 stars as well.... if I remember right they gave it higher.
    any link to the video?
    I thought it was actually pretty positive. And I like AOTS. Plus Olivia looked pretty good.

Their criticisms were pretty fair (sharp edge, etc.), but they also pointed out the problems with the new iPhone features not being supported by AT&T.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    any link to the video?
    Post #25 bud.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Her tweets:

"**** the Palm Pre. If you have an iPhone, stick with it. If you have a Blackberry, like me, omg dontyoujustlove it?"

Also a reply to someone

"the pre is not that bad, but not worth the money or the switch. pre is like friend u settle for when u cant get the hot girl."
    Is she saying the Blackberry is hot, then? Wouldn't it be the fat and ugly but intelligent nerd?
    More hate from Olivia Munn

"I wish I could grow balls, so the Pre could suck them. Get the new iPhone- it can take video!"

I don't get her beef really. I would think she would be more positive about it. I think she just doesn't know how to use it.
    She has no real beef, she just says this stuff to get attention and support from riled up fanboys. She's there for her looks. She's the Michelle Malkin of the geek world.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I think Olivia had good points, but just had a terrible tone and attitude in that segment.

I would think a person owning an iPhone would stick with an iPhone because they're familiar with it and there is tons of support for it. Also, I would think a 16GB and 32GB makes sense for the iPhone because of the huge amounts of apps they have and their campaign to be a "mobile gaming platform."
    I wish they brought up price point on plans a little more though. Olivia mentioned $70 for Sprint, but people need to realize that is all-inclusive, which is a double-edged sword, to be honest. Obviously Sprint is trying to get ahead of the curve, where the average user is so technically advanced they want all these features at once, and provide it for a good price. While the a-la carte system is what people are more use to, and more attractive to minimalists.

And regarding the SDK, they should've noted that it's currently in beta, and Palm is still taking applicants for the beta until they can finally release it out of beta to the public. But certainly a lot better than Olivia's recent tweets.

All in all somewhat fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    I think Olivia had good points, but just had a terrible tone and attitude in that segment.

I would think a person owning an iPhone would stick with an iPhone because they're familiar with it and there is tons of support for it. Also, I would think a 16GB and 32GB makes sense for the iPhone because of the huge amounts of apps they have and their campaign to be a "mobile gaming platform."
    She kept saying Palm was targeting the Pre against the iPhone. Palm has said many times they aren't trying to go after the iPhone market. Like you posted storage size matters on the iPhone because it is a media device, the Pre, though it does media functions, is not a media device.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Not a fan of attack of the show, I miss the old days of tech tv. When the network was actually about all things technology and had shows like The screen savers, now that was a good show.
    Sorry but she is just an *****. Did not do any research, no facts, nothing. He was actually making an effort to be informed.
    So I went to Bad Dragon (weird sex toy site by the way. lol) on my iPod Touch which is the site Kevin said the Pre couldn't handle frames. The iPod Touch can't do it either!!! So I don't get how he can give the iPhone's Safari the advantage when it can't handle frames on that site either.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast