1.    #1  
    My wife is heading to Canada on business and Sprint confirms that data roaming is in effect where she is headed...at $2 per megabyte.

I want to minimize what she downloads...like turning off software updates, etc. Actually, I don't think software updates happen when roaming, but I probably need to disable calendar synching and a bunch of other stuff. Anyone have an easy solution?

TIA.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Hmm..not sure. Maybe just keep it in wifi mode?

Where is she heading? Last time I was in Canada (Toronto area) in 2006, data roaming didn't cost a dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    My wife is heading to Canada on business and Sprint confirms that data roaming is in effect where she is headed...at $2 per megabyte.

I want to minimize what she downloads...like turning off software updates, etc. Actually, I don't think software updates happen when roaming, but I probably need to disable calendar synching and a bunch of other stuff. Anyone have an easy solution?

TIA.
    Airplane Mode?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    You can easily disable data roaming completely. From the phone app go to preferences and it is toward the bottom of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post

TIA.
    All You need to do, is
    1. Go to her Pre
    2. Click on phone
    3. In the top left you will see a sprint drop down menu, click on that
    4. Then click preferences
    5. Scroll to network subcategory
    6. Make sure "Data Roaming" is Disabled

To make sure she has the best voice connection while roaming in Canada make sure

1. "Voice Network" is set to Automatic
    2. Scroll down to "Preferred Roaming List" and Click Update PRL
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"