1.    #1  
    Video - FOXBusiness.com

I enjoyed the interview. Def. worth a look.

Foot in mouth moment at a 5:55.
    Last edited by DougB541; 06/08/2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Playing it now.

Btw, it's "Roger," not "Robert." Thanks for the vid.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Playing it now.

Btw, it's "Roger," not "Robert." Thanks for the vid.
    Fixed.
    Great, it's a Flash video. Is there a youtube version?
    Very interesting interview, with a very interesting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Fixed.
    That doesn't fix the thread title, just so you know. We can't do that.

It's unfortunate that it gives us the impression that we can, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Video - FOXBusiness.com

I enjoyed the interview. Def. worth a look.

Foot in mouth moment at a 5:55.
    I'd have been ok with a quote. Thanks, though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Great, it's a Flash video. Is there a youtube version?
    Can't find one unfortunately.
  9.    #9  
    That doesn't fix the thread title, just so you know. We can't do that.

It's unfortunate that it gives us the impression that we can, though.
    Damn....no fun.
    Kind of funny that the video on that website doesn't play on the Pre...
    For those on a Pre or who don't want to waste their time.. i wasted my time for you

Begins by suggesting he invested millions into the Pre because he feels there is a niche in the cell phone industry for a smartphone which has a full keyboard, and the ability to multitask. He then begins to mention several other basic features it has. Then is confronted with the question about whether he wants to dominate apple... says no that is impossible they are a great company and has a huge following but that doesn't matter because there is still room for the Pre and its uniqueness. The "foot in mouth" is that the pre is not for everyone... I believe this has been said before by sprint. It was too lame to watch the rest
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    For those on a Pre or who don't want to waste their time.. i wasted my time for you

Begins by suggesting he invested millions into the Pre because he feels there is a niche in the cell phone industry for a smartphone which has a full keyboard, and the ability to multitask. He then begins to mention several other basic features it has. Then is confronted with the question about whether he wants to dominate apple... says no that is impossible they are a great company and has a huge following but that doesn't matter because there is still room for the Pre and its uniqueness. The "foot in mouth" is that the pre is not for everyone... I believe this has been said before by sprint. It was too lame to watch the rest
    Actually, the o.p. said the foot-in-mouth moment was at 5:55, I believe. Anyway, I skipped to that point and Roger mentioned that the mirror on the Pre helps him check for boogers.
  13.    #13  
    Actually, the o.p. said the foot-in-mouth moment was at 5:55, I believe. Anyway, I skipped to that point and Roger mentioned that the mirror on the Pre helps him check for boogers.
    That is correct Westman.

And the interview was good regardless (IMO).

Clearly the phone is not for everyone...no phone is. Thats fair and true to say.
    Roger was right on target in that interview. He nailed it!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Great interview! I agree that Roger was right to say they aren't looking to crush Apple. The comparisons between iPhone and Pre are understandable and even necessary. Apple has certainly raised the the bar for what it means to be a "smart phone". But the iPhone doesn't have to die a horrible death for Palm to succeed. People have different needs and the Pre addresses some of the iPhone's shortcomings nicely. Good on Roger for articulating that point well.

Loved the booger comment
    Yep, I saw this on TV today. Thanks for posting the video!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Cute. It's becoming more obvious what Palm's marketing plan was. I like it. On one side, say it's can do miracles is made of alien tech, but on the other side, say that it's not for everybody make it seem like forbidden fruit. i.e. This is a great phone, but I'm sorry, you're just a bit too dumb to use it like you're supposed to (even though we've gone through great strides to make the GUI as humanly interfaceable as possible).

I think the Sprint Launch Guide leaks were intentional, especially the part about "We can't afford to sell to the wrong customers." Although the Pro was explicitly mentioned as the alternative to the Pre (it was a section on business clients), I'm sure that phrase above was meant to be widely disseminated AND misunderstood.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)