Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    so did you find any room in there for a microSD card slot?
    lol I haven't bothered opening it up that much. I don't want/need bestbuy thinking I picked the thing apart. you know?
    I hear ya. Figured this would be the first shot to seeing the innards...haha. Good luck getting back up and running.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Best Buy Geek Squad Black Tie rules say they have to send it off to a repair center to determine if it can be fixed/repaired, or replaced. It takes a week or so.

They will surely rule it to be replaced, due to the damage.

Because of the inventory constraints on the device, no one knows when there will be more.

I could be without a phone for a little while. I'm supposed to get a loaner phone, however best buy's comparable phone is the Samsung Instinct. Which imo, in no way compares to the Pre. So I declined the loaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminA View Post
    Could we get pictures of the flattened pre???
    You are one sick puppy, you know?
  5. enjoyingsilence
    This has been youtubed with some updates

Airave should have been gotten from Sprint via telesales/retention. Would have saved u the drive. Sorry about ur pre tho.
  7. enjoyingsilence
    I have a spending limit, and allegedly they can't bill it to my account then do a instant credit (making it free) via retentions.

So I was told to go buy one in the store, then they'd credit it back to my account.
  8. enjoyingsilence
    I'm bumping my own thread.. sorry :P

This is still a pending issue.. I'd like to add some details.

I received a phone call from the BB Mobile Supv. (the one who originally opened my account on Pre Launch Day), notifying me they would be processing this repair/replacement as a Rapid Exchange.

Which, to the best of my knowledge, detailed by numerous bits of information from the interwebz provides for a refurb. With the damned imperfections many of the Pre owners got on launch day (dead pixels, bad keyboard lighting, screen flooding, etc etc), god knows how awful a refurb can be.

Taking the existing hardware imperfections (at time of launch +/- 3 weeks), I don't find it a favorable consolation to accept a refurb. I'm not buying the " Well refurbs go thru additional quality control, they should be better". I don't believe it, refurbs are known to be the 'working and functional' hodge podge of other phones, left in the bin, polished and pruned, and given to the customer.

The main difference I might see is a REALLY nice exterior casing. I seriously doubt I'll get a brand new, technically perfect screen, with no screen flooding, and keyboard lighting problems. you get the drift.

Capish? lol.
    The BEST thing to do is Start Calling Sprint Stores in the Area.. see if they have any or if there is anything a Sprint Store can do.. hmmm can you Return the Phone since no replacements?
  10. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    The BEST thing to do is Start Calling Sprint Stores in the Area.. see if they have any or if there is anything a Sprint Store can do.. hmmm can you Return the Phone since no replacements?
    because this was purchased @ a best buy mobile. sprint stores do not care.
    what about BB return Policy ? can he possibly find a sprint store that has one (they trickle in ) And return the Best Buy One? As Best buy has said they have no time frame for a replacement.. he is well within 30 days for a return! Reason for Return = can't support your super geek squad warranty.. then go to a sprint store where you have one on hold
  12. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    what about BB return Policy ? can he possibly find a sprint store that has one (they trickle in ) And return the Best Buy One? As Best buy has said they have no time frame for a replacement.. he is well within 30 days for a return! Reason for Return = can't support your super geek squad warranty.. then go to a sprint store where you have one on hold
    I only have until july 6th to get the replacement, and return it. IF best buy allows the refurb to be returned. I would also have to cancel my sprint service @ best buy... because I was a new customer, and activated my service when I bought the pre.

If I returned the phone to best buy, while keeping my service, and went to a sprint store, I would not be eligible for new customer pricing on the pre, and I'm NOT paying full retail for one. even for a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    This has been youtubed with some updates

I tried viewing this, and it's marked Private.
  14. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I tried viewing this, and it's marked Private.
    Sorry about that.. fixed.

---

I spoke with Best Buy this morning,, and the person handling the service order (the BBM supervisor) is off today, tending to other things. However, the person I had a problem with, (she hates me, lol, with a passion), assisted me, tho I could hear the agony in her voice. Placing me on hold, she called the Supv., came back to inform me, she is (basically) just as clueless in ref: to how the exchange is done, and is sort of led to believe it's being done as an instore exchange... which is a REALLY rapid exchange... considering rapid exchange program is usually 2nd day shipping.

However, no one, at the moment knows. I requested the BBM Rep to ask the Supv to call me, and at least give me some clarification, since she won't be in until Monday I believe... I know she's off, but it would give me some peace of mind until Monday.. I can't have the stress.
    is geek suad cheaper than sprint's TEP? I have never purchased through BB but isnt it just easier to buy TEP through sprint? i know they recently raised deductibles from 50 to 100 now on smartphones/PDAs but you at least deal directly with your carrier who actually distributes the phones.
  16. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by huynhc View Post
    is geek suad cheaper than sprint's TEP? I have never purchased through BB but isnt it just easier to buy TEP through sprint? i know they recently raised deductibles from 50 to 100 now on smartphones/PDAs but you at least deal directly with your carrier who actually distributes the phones.
    It's 9.99 a month, no deductible, unlimited claims (allegedly). edit: i say allegedly because when you factor the amount of time it takes to have your phone repaired or replaced, you REALLY can't make but more than 5-6 claims, MAYBE 7 or 8, if you're swift, per year.

edit 2: I purchased the GSBTP (geek squad black tie protection) for my phone, because they don't have a deductible.. and I have a extreme (more so than Best Buy) distaste for Asurion. Also, I don't lose phones, I have a bad temper I tend to break, oh say... give or take 8-10 phones a year. TEP wouldn't cut it.
    i was giving the same load of crap from best buy and i just emailed sprint customer service. within 3 hours I got a call from a rep in India, the nicest rep i have ever talked to. He said he as sorry about the crappy customer service at best buy and said he would send me a new pre over the mail and just put the oldone back in the box and mail it back. Guess what? I got the phone two days later, white box pre, my old one was a black box one. Im impressed with the way sprint treated me and came up to the bat for crappy best buy.

Side note: i hate it when people pick on tech support from india. Most of the time their english is just as good with a slight or mild accent, but they are working people not some rare disease and should be treated with the outmost respect just as billy bob in kansas. off my little rant.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12