Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Does the Pre give you confirmation that the picture message or txt has been sent?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    sort of...

if you send a text, the text is gray until it is sent, then it turns black.

if you send an image with text, it's the same.

if you send an image, with no text, your only way to tell is if you are watching it while it sends. once it sends, it kind of 'reloads' the picture.

it WILL tell you if it does not send though.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    sort of...

if you send a text, the text is gray until it is sent, then it turns black.

if you send an image with text, it's the same.

if you send an image, with no text, your only way to tell is if you are watching it while it sends. once it sends, it kind of 'reloads' the picture.

it WILL tell you if it does not send though.
    I was at the sprint store using a demo. sending out a picture and couldn't tell if the message was sent. Palm needs a small update for that. I ended up sending 3 copies of the same image.
    Quote Originally Posted by briang191 View Post
    I was at the sprint store using a demo. sending out a picture and couldn't tell if the message was sent. Palm needs a small update for that. I ended up sending 3 copies of the same image.
    Eh, Maybe no updated needed. You only sent 3 copies because you didn't know how it worked.

BUT, an update would be smart for those, such as yourself who didn't know how webOS handled this.

Either way, you now know
    So what happens if you send an MMS to other than a Pre? Does the (Sprint) recipient receive it as a traditional Sprint PictureMail...aka link ?
    Nope, It will come as a MMS. Pic Mail is Sprints "work around" for the lack of MMS devices, Such as my current Blackberry 8330, vs the newest MEID Blackberry 8330m's, that offer native MMS, vs one sided mms (when I send them) and Picture mail (when I receive them, links)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I've been unsuccessfully trying to send pics via text to my friend, who has a Blackberry Pearl. I've tried sending via the paper-clip icon in the SMS app and via "Share via MMS." She's not receiving the pictures. Pictures were taken on the Pre.

Any idea what the problem is? Thx!

Note: I should point out that she is receiving the text messages I mean to accompany the pics, just not the pics too.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I've been unsuccessfully trying to send pics via text to my friend, who has a Blackberry Pearl. I've tried sending via the paper-clip icon in the SMS app and via "Share via MMS." She's not receiving the pictures. Pictures were taken on the Pre.

Note: I should point out that she is receiving the text messages I mean to accompany the pics, just not the pics too.
    have you tried sending to other people's phones? perhaps it's not you.

I have successfully sent and received images to an LG env2 on verizon

i have the same issue. the recipient was also a blackberry user i believe. i have not tried sending a picture message to anyone else. only through email which worked fine.
    what about a small GREEN checkmark on the bottom corner of the picture thumbnail to confirm that the picture was sucessfully sent?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

If you can't send to anyone, the first time I sent a MMS it didn't go through until I restarted my phone so try that. Otherwise it might just be an issue at the recipients end if you can send to other people.
    Can you send more than 1 picture at a time? I know on my Centro I was able to include as many pictures as I wanted. On my Pre, every time I try to attach a second picture it just replaces the first picture I had attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by VDrake View Post
    Can you send more than 1 picture at a time? I know on my Centro I was able to include as many pictures as I wanted. On my Pre, every time I try to attach a second picture it just replaces the first picture I had attached.
    Sounds like "No" then...
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VDrake View Post
    As of right now, no. But you can receive multiple pictures in one message... Seeing as the phone seems to have that capability, I'm sure there's some sort of hack that can be applied to let you send more then one at a time.

I saw someone else say they couldn't send pics to blackberries on here. Boyfriend has a blackberry curve on the sprint network and he has no problem getting mine. just thought I'd throw that out there. May help narrow it down a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuessWho727 View Post
    I saw someone else say they couldn't send pics to blackberries on here. Boyfriend has a blackberry curve on the sprint network and he has no problem getting mine. just thought I'd throw that out there. May help narrow it down a bit...
    I've got a BB curve from my employer....I can send PictureMail from my Pre (MMS) to my Curve all day long...no problems; BB Curve is on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    people, If it isn't sent you will get an error message with a exclamation point!
    isn't that confirmation enough?
    I can send a pic no problem, but it seems I can't receive them? Anybody else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by briang191 View Post
    You can contact palm and tell them the issue you are having.
    make sure DATA is ON..