Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    I have my music on my Pre organized like this:

    Music > Artist Folder > Album Folder > MP3's & an album_cover.jpg

    Pretty much all my music is organized like this. I noticed that my photo app listed every single album cover as a separate folder. This is unnecessary & clutters up the Pictures list. So rather than deleting the album covers, I just hid them.

    If you rename the image file & place a period in front of it (.album_cover.jpg rather than album_cover.jpg) it will become hidden.

    This isn't specific to just album covers. You can hide any images you wish.
    But in case there are users who are like me & organize their music library like that, this can declutter your pictures.
    Follow Me On

  2. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #2  
    Good idea. You can also embed album art within Mp3 files, using mediamonkey or another similar software.
  3. #3  
    Do the photos still show up in the music app?

    ETA: I put my music on via iTunes and none of the album covers show up in the photos app on the Pre.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Do the photos still show up in the music app?
    Yes, they are showing up.
    Follow Me On

  5. #5  
    So question... when i connect in USB mode, I can navigate to the music file location and there are no image files. I have searched around and cant find them. Where are they so I can rename them and remove them from the photos program?

    Excellent idea btw, thanks
  6.    #6  
    They are probably hidden by Windows. You would have to unhide them.

    To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

    1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
    2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.
    3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    4. After the new window appears select the View tab.
    5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
    6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
    7. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
    8. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.
    Follow Me On

  7. #7  
    Nope... showed all files and still not showing up... hmm weird.
  8. #8  
    The image files are embedded into the mp3's themselves. I have this same problem. There is no way to rename the image files like you said. They are in the mp3's and still show up under my photos as new folders for each album. I think I'm just going to keep music off my pre until they come up with a fix for this.
  9. #9  
    Syphon, a question.
    I want to create a photo folder for some work pics but don't want any of them showing up as thumbnails when you open photos, like the other folders.
    I tried renaming one with a . in front of it and it was completely unseen, no folder, no pic, nothing.
    I took the . off and it did show up.
    Is there a way to choose your thumbnails for a photo folder?
  10. #10  
    i added all my music from itunes.. and no album art is in my picture area. but they do show up, when i play music..
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    i added all my music from itunes.. and no album art is in my picture area. but they do show up, when i play music..
    Same thing for me. I added music from iTunes and I have all my cover art and none of them appear in my Picture folder.
  12. Sharper's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #12  
    I've been doing that for quite awhile on my Centro by using Filez. I rename the file "name.jpg" to "name.jpp"...and it doesnt show. I can do that on the Pre but I'm really hoping for an app that lets view, arrange and rename files on the Pre without connecting to a PC or laptop. Anyone share the same hope?
  13. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #13  
    There should be a fix for this. I added music I downloaded from Amazon to my PC, and the album art shows up in photos. However, music I downloaded from Amazon directly to my Pre doesn't show the album art. The album art is embedded in the mp3s, so I can't edit the file names.
  14. #14  
    Yeah, if your music is tagged with the album art within its ID3 tags, it shouldn't be showing up in your Photos app (it's not on mine either.)
  15. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have my music on my Pre organized like this:

    Music > Artist Folder > Album Folder > MP3's & an album_cover.jpg

    Pretty much all my music is organized like this. I noticed that my photo app listed every single album cover as a separate folder. This is unnecessary & clutters up the Pictures list. So rather than deleting the album covers, I just hid them.

    If you rename the image file & place a period in front of it (.album_cover.jpg rather than album_cover.jpg) it will become hidden.

    This isn't specific to just album covers. You can hide any images you wish.
    But in case there are users who are like me & organize their music library like that, this can declutter your pictures.
    BTW, you hit it on the head. I copied all my mp3s to the "Amazon MP3" folder and the album art stopped showing up in my photos. Of course, I had to edit all the filenames to "artist - album - track# - song title.mp3" so I can manage them better.
  16. sub150's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, if your music is tagged with the album art within its ID3 tags, it shouldn't be showing up in your Photos app (it's not on mine either.)
    Are you saying you have your art in your ID3 tags and it's not showing up? I just put one album one my Pre and got the album art under my photos....not cool. All my album art is in the ID3 tag...this is a problem.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
  17. xandrake's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #17  
    It's not a problem if you use iTunes. I have quite a bit of media in my Pre and do not have any of the album artwork in my "photos" area.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Are you saying you have your art in your ID3 tags and it's not showing up? I just put one album one my Pre and got the album art under my photos....not cool. All my album art is in the ID3 tag...this is a problem.
    My album art is in the ID3 tag, and it is not showing up in the Photo app, it only appears in the Music app. Are you sure you don't have folder.jpg files in there as well?
  19. #19  
    I am yet another person with album art in the music app and not the pictures.

    Does this perhaps have something to do with synced versus drag and drop? When I sync music over it is not visible in USB sync mode. I only see it in Winamp. Is it maybe in a different folder where the pics app doesn't look?
  20. Delicious's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #20  
    I checked the Palm site today and they provide instructions on how to load music with the Pre mounted as a USB (can't post link as I don't have 10 posts on the forum yet, but search Palm's site for 'music USB' and you'll get an article titled 'Use USB Drive mode to transfer photos, music, videos, documents, and other files to your phone').

    Step 6 says "Drag files from your computer to your phone. Your phone includes folders such as Music and Videos that you can use to organize the files you copy. You can also create your own folders."

    So... I created a new folder on my Pre, and dumped in a bunch of albums with art embedded in the mp3 files. Voila, the art appears in my Photos (interestingly, with multiple copies of some album covers). As suggested above, it would seem to have something to do with not syncing through iTunes. I will also try Rhody's fix of dumping the music into the Amazon folder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions