Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    OK... I've been using my Pre for the past 3 days.

Using the Pre with it's modern interface (cards, gestures...) is sooo natural.

I just turned on my old Treo 650 to get some data off the old girl) and man--- .... I can't go back to the Treo (as much as I thought I loved it the Pre is just to use to use.... and will only get better with time)

What say you???
    Much like old video games.

The fond memories of old phones really are just nostalgia.

I have a Curve now and would never go back to the Palm OS.
    I've had a Treo 650, 700p, & 750. I then jumped to the iPhone & iPhone 3G. I'm a bit bored with them even though I generally love Apple products. I'm very excited about the Pre'...I too wonder if I will be able to go back once I get my hands on one.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I can't go back to my 680. I have the TealOS on my Treo and it look so weird compare to the actual pre lolz..

There are some feature that I hope the new update will implement. Like color coding or somewhere to distinguish different events.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm still on the fence with this. I'm coming from a Curve as well & miss a lot of features that aren't included on the Pre (as yet). However, I'm willing to give the Pre a chance & looking forward to the updates.
    Everything else seems so antiquated now. This thing is such an amazing device.
    I left Garnett in my rear view mirror a long time ago. It's stone age in comparison to WebOS. I was never a fan of Windows Mobile either, so that's out. Symbian S60 is ok, and the BlackBerry OS is good, but the Pre has consumed me.
    Verizon
    I tried to help my better half with her Centro, and do something on my fathers 755P.

It felt so....1996......
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Everything else seems so antiquated now. This thing is such an amazing device.
    Yeah I have a Palm TX - which I really rely on calendar wise etc - and after using the Pre today I found myself trying to flick things on it ;=)

I am still in the tryout stage and may end up returning due to several factors. I am really back and forth one hour to the next. Especially since I am unsure as to what exactly can be fixed by updates. I feel like I am in a race against the 30 day clock. I really want to avoid being trapped into a 2 yr contract with Sprint if it is not a good fit.

But I do know this, the OS is the best thing ever. I will absolutely be getting a phone or keeping this one due to the OS. It seems so natural and flowing. I really think it such a breakthrough interface and makes so much sense.

I love universal search vs categories etc. and at first I thought I did not. I miss my Palm Desktop sync as the Google calendar etc is something I just do not use and it has been slow syncing but I think I could even convert to that or try a 3rd party app need be. Palm seems to rely on 3rd party stuff inf my PDA experience.

I am really a fan of this OS...the cards and the gestures are really something
    I picked up the girlfriend's Centro today and was instantly trying to flick things around on her screen. It took me a moment to realize that her phone does respond the same as my phone anymore (had a 700p).