Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The website, the full version, works perfectly! Even facebook chat! I'm blown away
    Awesome huh. I even edited pic names on it from my Pre!
    you think that is cool, go into photos, hit the picture send arrow on the top, then hit upload. You can post pictures directly to facebook without going into the address book. This is way cooler than the iphone app.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    facebook chat works?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    you think that is cool, go into photos, hit the picture send arrow on the top, then hit upload. You can post pictures directly to facebook without going into the address book. This is way cooler than the iphone app.
    I've never used the iPhone or any other one but this is a really nice feature, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    facebook chat works?
    I didn't believe it, so I just tried it myself.

Amazingly, yes, it does. The web site loads fully on the Pre exactly how it would on Firefox or any other browser, with full functionality from what I tested. I really was not expecting that.

So why do we need an app again?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yup
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well there goes any hopes for my productivity

My biggest gripes about the xfacebook were the inability to read facebook status update comments nd the lack of facebook chat. Nice find!
    Wow... that's pretty awesome. Not a good day for Apple...
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Functionality isn't exactly full - you can't upload photos from within the Web browser, you can only do it from the Photos app (which doesn't let you choose which album to put it in, so it is annoying if you are trying to do a "Live from [Place You're At]" photo album).

Also, the screen-bottom bar goes over some of the text of an update (i.e. status or function), making it unreadable sometimes.

I haven't tried any of the Facebook apps on the Pre, so I don't know if they work or not.

But, it is MUCH better than using Facebook on my Centro, where I had to use both the mobile site (status messages and such) and the Palm OS Facebook app (photo uploads). (The x.Facebook site that the Pre comes bookmarked with is terrible - you can't even see or post comments! The regular mobile site is better in that regard.)
    Damn! This phone just keeps getting better and better. Feel badly for those who got bad phones and those who wouldn't give it a reasonable adjustment time (ala Gekko)
    HTML5 is a wonderful thing.
    I was surprised that Yahoo email worked and I'm talking about the new version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How does chat work? I dont see that
    There is no spoon
    I too was blown away by how well Facebook worked - it is much better than the included Facebook app. I just tried the new Craigs List App - wasn't impressed at all. The regular one works perfectly! My super-secure bank web site works too! Really impressed with the power I can have in my Palm!
    I don't follow the excitement here? This is just using the web version of facebook? How is this better than a custom facebook app specifically made for your device?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Its not.. But it is better then x.facebook.com in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    How is this better than a custom facebook app specifically made for your device?
    I don't follow the excitement here? This is just using the web version of facebook? How is this better than a custom facebook app specifically made for your device?
    Because every single device specific FaceBook app to date limits functionality compared to the full website.

The Pre browser is 2nd to none. This and the cards is the must impressive part of the new WebOS if you ask me.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    a custom facebook app would be a good solution for a phone that cannot fully handle facebook functionality on the browser.
    since the browser can handle it, a separate app isn't needed.
    if you're on your desktop computer why would you want separate apps for all of your favorite websites when you can just use the browser and view them as they are meant to be seen?
    I can't quite get Facebook chat to work. I tap on the chat at the bottom right and nothing happens
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast