1.    #1  
    My contact's picture shows up in my text messages on the right side, but how do I get MY picture to show up on the left side? I saw in the Sprint Store on the TV that this is possible. I don't sync with FB or AIM or Gmail...

Thanks...my search came up empty.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    in your contacts list there should be a contact card for yourself. Step 1 take a pictutre of yourself. If you used your pre to take that picture congratulations you're flexible and talented. If you want you can also connect a USB cable to your pre, go into USB mass storage mode on your pre and drag and drop a picture of yourself into the folder marked DCIM on your pre. Eject the device from your computer.
    Next on your pre go into your pictures folder and find the picture of yourself, load that picture. On the top left of the screen click the Photo options Icon and off the list select "Assign to contact", then pick your own name off your list of contacts. Done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    in your contacts list there should be a contact card for yourself. Step 1 take a pictutre of yourself. If you used your pre to take that picture congratulations you're flexible and talented. If you want you can also connect a USB cable to your pre, go into USB mass storage mode on your pre and drag and drop a picture of yourself into the folder marked DCIM on your pre. Eject the device from your computer.
    Next on your pre go into your pictures folder and find the picture of yourself, load that picture. On the top left of the screen click the Photo options Icon and off the list select "Assign to contact", then pick your own name off your list of contacts. Done!
    OK...I have my personal information linked from Facebook and from Google. I didn't know about a card already existing for my username. Now I don't see one other than the linked card. I have always had a photo assigned to each of them, however it still doesn't show up in text messages. Fixes?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    OK...I have my personal information linked from Facebook and from Google. I didn't know about a card already existing for my username. Now I don't see one other than the linked card. I have always had a photo assigned to each of them, however it still doesn't show up in text messages. Fixes?
    hmm I may have to check and see if my own image shows up in messaging.
    If you used your pre to take that picture congratulations you're flexible and talented.
    Why would you say that? The Pre has a mirror on the back to help you take the photo. Line the photo up as you want in the mirror and push the space bar on the keyboard to take the pic. I've done it and it is easy-peasy. (My pic on my contact listing comes from Facebook, but I tried the self-portrait mirror the other day to see what it was like.)
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ok I stand corrected. That will not make your picture show up in the SMS text messaging box.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Why would you say that? The Pre has a mirror on the back to help you take the photo. Line the photo up as you want in the mirror and push the space bar on the keyboard to take the pic. I've done it and it is easy-peasy. (My pic on my contact listing comes from Facebook, but I tried the self-portrait mirror the other day to see what it was like.)
    I did not know about the space bar. Learning new things all the time
    I did not know about the space bar. Learning new things all the time
    I read it somewhere, I think the Pre "manual" (the fold-out thing the phone came with) or maybe the on-phone Help file. (No, I don't normally read user manuals, LOL. I just was wanting something Pre-related to do while I was waiting for my Pre to download and install the update when I first got it home and was all excited [still am - I love this phone!].)

Also, the space bar was used for photo-taking on the Centro, too.