1.    #1  
    Right now my phone has a picture of a battery on the screen and I can't seem to do anything. I have it plugged into the charger right now and I've tried unplugging it and whatnot but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get out of this?
    Restart the phone.
  3.    #3  
    How does one restart the phone? I've tried holding the power button and that doesn't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007 View Post
    How does one restart the phone? I've tried holding the power button and that doesn't do anything.
    Have you removed the battery? 30 seconds should do it.
    That I cannot answer. Don't own a Pre yet...but like any other smart phones...hangups happen.

Tho for a 1.02 device...i'm VERY impressed (outside of some of the clearly malfunctioning units some people got).
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Yeah- you have to remove the battery while the phone is unplugged, and put it back in. Make sure that the battery has enough charge to be able to handle being started without having to be plugged in.
  7.    #7  
    I have not tried removing the battery yet. The people at the sprint store stated *never remove the battery* but who knows they could be a bunch of idiots
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Also try holding down the power button and toggle the silence switch, right next to it, a few times, I think this does a sort of soft reset about 3 minutes to turn back on tho I think
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Just charge it!!! That battery icon means that you wore the battery allllllllll the way down. Stop unplugging it - let it go... This very thing happened to my co-worker and I today... charge it, and after a half hour or so that icon will go away. When mine finally went away, it said battery life was only 2%! haha So you've just worn it down... plug it in and be patient, amigo!
    I have the same issue with my phone. The phone battery was dead and the phone shut it self off. I then plugged it into the wall charger. The Battery image with a red bar was at the bottom. I tried to power it on etc. and nothing. I let it sit charging walked away for about 15 minutes when I cam back the phone was on.

So somehow it turned it self on. The boot up / shut down appears to take a while the pre.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007 View Post
    don't remove the battery.

you can restart the phone two ways:
    1) press orange + sym + R
    2) press anad old the lock button, and toggle the ringer switch 3 or 4 times.
  12.    #12  
    I guess I'm used to the Treo 650 whereby the phone will power right up once you plug it into a charger. I'll let it sit for 15 minutes or so and see what happens.
    My Zune does this.

Can't use it until it gets to a certain battery level.