1.    #1  
    We all know how to select text (hold shift key, gesture left or right), but is there a quick way to copy/cut/paste?

When you go to the left corner menu, you can see options for cut, copy, and paste, and next to each option are what look like hotkeys, but I don't know what button that circled dot represents.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: NM figured it out! The circled dot means you have to touch the black part of the lower gesture area. So touching the lower gesture area and hitting the x, c, or v button will cut, copy, or paste, respectively.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    That's hot! thanks for the edit.

I posted the tip to the pre drop
  3.    #3  
    NP! Hope this helps others as well...
    BUMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    The circled dot means you have to touch the black part of the lower gesture area. So touching the lower gesture area and hitting the x, c, or v button will cut, copy, or paste, respectively.
    It took me a minute to realize you don't tap the gesture area, but hold your finger on it while pushing x, c, or v. Man...

I've been wanting to find the answer to that for a while but have been too busy. Thanks. I just learned on another thread that if you hold the orange key you can position cursor while sliding your finger ANYWHERE back and forth on the screen. Same goes for holding SHIFT key and selecting text.

This is great! I remember marveling at Apple's implementation of the "zooming cursor" on the iPhone. This is much better IMHO.
    Last edited by galavanter; 06/10/2009 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I just learned on another thread that if you hold the orange key you can position cursor while sliding your finger ANYWHERE back and forth on the screen. Same goes for holding orange key and selecting text.
    I don't know what you mean by this. Would you (or anyone else) mind explaining?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I was using it by holding down the big button in the middle plus the letter.

west3man: Go to a text entry field or write an e-mail with some text and hold orange and then swipe on the screen. You will see what we mean. Try it holding shift button to. You can move the cursor or highlight using the two buttons with swipes on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I don't know what you mean by this. Would you (or anyone else) mind explaining?
    Should say "same goes for holding SHIFT key and selecting, or highlighting text. Corrected above.

Do what joshewah says and try it. Just open the memo app, type a few words, then tap one of them to position the cursor approximately. Then hold the orange key and slide your finger across the botttom of the screen. It will position the cursor exactly where you want it.

Once you get the cursor where you want it hold the shift key while you slide your finger across the screen. Your finger doesn't have to be on the text itself. It will then be highlighted yellow for selection.

Now touch your finger to the gesture area and keep it there. Push C key. It is now copied. Push the return key to lower the cursor a space. Now hold your finger on the gesture area again and push the V key. It will be pasted. It is an excellent, just excellent, implementation of cut and paste and positioning the cursor.

Joshewah I had no luck using the button for this.
    What about an email that someone sends you... how do you cut and paste portions of that email. Example I have an email with an address in it. I would like to cut and paste that info into my address book but can't figure out how to do it????
    HELP!!!!