Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    So this might be stupid, but what is the best way to open the slider? lol

    When the screen is off, it seems like the best way is to put your thumb right in the middle of the screen and push it up. but when the screen is on, you press buttons and scroll and stuff.

    Pushing from the very bottom of the phone doesn't work very well because it doesn't seem to catch the spring.

    So what does everyone think is the best way to open the slider???
    Last edited by weboslawyer; 06/08/2009 at 06:18 PM.
  2. #2  
    Not stupid at all IMO. I'm of the same mind that you are. Easiest for me is right above the home button. BUT, does anyone think that's a little too much pressure to put on the touch screen???
  3. #3  
    that's the technique suggested in the quick guide that came in the box with the Pre.
  4. S4Rs's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #4  
    I just put my thumb right in the middle of the screen and slide up. It is the quickest way I think. Although sometimes I am trying to slide it the wrong way.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    that's the technique suggested in the quick guide that came in the box with the Pre.
    So ... what you are saying is that NOW I should read the instructions that came in the box??? LMAO I haven't even opened the box since Saturday.

    EDIT: Didn't see that in the quick guide. Even if I read the Spanish version, which I can't read anyway
    Last edited by temperamentalman; 06/08/2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: I read!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    that's the technique suggested in the quick guide that came in the box with the Pre.
    which one?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    which one?
    Exactly
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    I just put my thumb right in the middle of the screen and slide up. It is the quickest way I think. Although sometimes I am trying to slide it the wrong way.
    Again, I'm concerned about the amount of pressure that puts on the touchscreen. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid, but ... it's mah baby! LOL
  9. pomokey's Avatar
    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    I just put my thumb right in the middle of the screen and slide up. It is the quickest way I think. Although sometimes I am trying to slide it the wrong way.
    I also put my thumb directly in the middle of the screen. It does not feel like a large amoutn of pressure, nor does it ever accidentally click on something.
  10. #10  
    I go more to the right of the screen with my right thumb (over the launcher icon).
  11. #11  
    You shouldn't need to push very hard on the touch screen to slide it up. Should be able to put very little pressure on the screen itself...just enough to keep the screen moving.

    That's the way I do it too...though I feel comfortable using both thumbs on each side of the phone (top corners) if I happen to be using two hands (like when I'm about to use the net or type an email/text)

    One thing I don't recommend is using one thumb directly to the right or left of the home button. For some reason, knowing that the phone was curved, I instinctively started to push down more when I did it...and was able to see screen distortion like when you push on an LCD monitor. Afterwards, I noticed a seemingly permanant discoloration in the lower right corner...but it may have been there already, as there have been other reports of the same thing.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrySteeze View Post
    You shouldn't need to push very hard on the touch screen to slide it up. Should be able to put very little pressure on the screen itself...just enough to keep the screen moving.

    That's the way I do it too...though I feel comfortable using both thumbs on each side of the phone (top corners) if I happen to be using two hands (like when I'm about to use the net or type an email/text)

    One thing I don't recommend is using one thumb directly to the right or left of the home button. For some reason, knowing that the phone was curved, I instinctively started to push down more when I did it...and was able to see screen distortion like when you push on an LCD monitor. Afterwards, I noticed a seemingly permanant discoloration in the lower right corner...but it may have been there already, as there have been other reports of the same thing.
    Thanks Larry
  13. #13  
    I find the easiest way is to hold the Pre in my left hand and push the screen half up with my thumb by pushing on the bottom side (not the bottom of the top where the screen is, the bottom side where the keyboard comes out). It doesn't take nearly as much pressure as the way you said with your finger on the screen, plus you don't touch any icons/links on the screen accidentally.
  14. #14  
    Is anyone else's slider loose?
  15. #15  
    One handed, wow, I just learned the phone turns on automatically when you slide, cool. I push on the right edge of the frontof the screen, vertically in ther center with my thumb, three fingers behind the middle.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 06/08/2009 at 07:27 PM.
  16. #16  
    Looks like right smack dab in the middle works best for me. Coordination Challenged LOL
  17. NINnerd's Avatar
    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    #17  
    This is a good thread. I was wondering, too.

    Two-handed is easiest, of course. But with one hand, I tend to put my thumb right in the middle of the screen. I have tiny hands and need a lot of leverage to open the phone. My thumb can't really stay in the same place from close to open. Sometimes I drop it before opening it cause my hands are so small.

    I'm wee! LOL.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
  18. #18  
    My slider is tight and I found that pushing from the bottom edges works best, with two hands. Mine has been tight overall but it feels like the top and bottom have a little more separation now. When I press the battery icon, it feels like there is a little flex between the top/bottom.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  19. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #19  
    don't push from the area around the center button....you will end up with tiny scratches on the lip directly beneath the screen just below the spacebar....I have a few already
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    don't push from the area around the center button....you will end up with tiny scratches on the lip directly beneath the screen just below the spacebar....I have a few already
    I have a few scratches in this area also.

    I think two thumbs or one right above the launcher bar icons then slide up is the easiest for me.

Posting Permissions