Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    All my Palm Treo's had this function, Palm even added it to there Windows mobil Treo's. How could they have left off such a useful function. If I was in a Meeting got a call, I could not answer the call, but instead send call to voicemail and send a quick Txt Message to them, all in one simple respone. Why did they drop that? My only choice now is to not take the call
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    All my Palm Treo's had this function, Palm even added it to there Windows mobil Treo's. How could they have left off such a useful function. If I was in a Meeting got a call, I could not answer the call, but instead send call to voicemail and send a quick Txt Message to them, all in one simple respone. Why did they drop that? My only choice now is to not take the call
    Yeah I'm not real happy about this either, but hope that a software update will add this feature.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Never had a Treo so I don't know how this compares, but if you tap on the contact name when you are receiving a call (under the picture and between the answer and dismiss symbols) it will automatically silence the ringer and bring up that contact's profiles and from there you can tap "sms" on the desired number to write up a text. So replying via text to a phone call is just two taps away!
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    Never had a Treo so I don't know how this compares, but if you tap on the contact name when you are receiving a call (under the picture and between the answer and dismiss symbols) it will automatically silence the ringer and bring up that contact's profiles and from there you can tap "sms" on the desired number to write up a text. So replying via text to a phone call is just two taps away!
    On the treo they have the text automatically insert... I've never used it, but I can see where others may find it useful...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    On the treo they have the text automatically insert... I've never used it, but I can see where others may find it useful...
    Gotcha. Though the Pre's method is still far more convenient than having to go through the messaging or contacts apps to reply with a text. I'm glad theog brought this up because I didn't even realize it could do this.
    Yeah i never understood why people thought that feature was so great.

You can literally do the same thing with one additional tap.
    The ability to still do this is even addressed in the User Manual as follows:

To reply to a caller who is in your Contacts list after you ignore a call, tap the ignored call notification. This opens the caller’s contact entry, where you can select a reply method.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Agree 100% , this is a proof of the the APPLE thinking not PALM thinking.
    Neverthless , old PALM's features are real time savers.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    gotcha,
    but , one tap is better than two.
    why can't they give third button with reply SMS option.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    gotcha,
    but , one tap is better than two.
    why can't they give third button with reply SMS option.
    As stated...it opens up the whole contact where you have multiple ways to reach the person.

I dunno...i don't think its that big of a deal. But again, i never used this feature.
    i like having the option...used it all the time on my wm phones.