Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm using Exchange, and when I reply to someone's email, the body of the original email gets all bunched together. The format of the original email sent to me gets all put in 1 line and wraps end to end.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I noticed this too. My message looks fine but the quoted reply is all on one line.
    I see this too--it's really bad when there are multiple quotes below. Needs to be fixed!
    this is a pretty big bug.. i'm surprised we're the only ones..
    I noticed this too. At first I thought maybe it was a Gmail thing, but sounds like it's a problem with the Email app in general.
    +1 here, noticed it today using Exchange.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
    +1 I noticed this aswell in exchange. I haven't tested any other email yet
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yep I'm noticing it too. Really sucks for the recipients when a conversation gets unreadable just because I'm replying from my Pre.
    Noticed this as well... Seems to be fixed for the moment.. BUT in replies, the header info of the prior email I am responding to does not appear... it says " XYZ" said:... but no date, subject, etc.... Some of the info appears if you do a forward, instead of a reply, but the date and time of the original email is missing.... I guess no one noticed this when they created this email program... Anyone else have tis issue?
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    great i'm not the only one

came into work today and was happily responding to an email... and then scrolled down.

EDIT: looks like there is a discussion on the Palm support forums

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...cending&page=1
    Last edited by jp22382; 06/09/2009 at 03:16 PM.
    I hope this gets fixed in the next update. It's very embarrassing to reply to work emails, especially when it's a long email thread.
    I hope this gets fixed soon...this makes email unuseable for business purposes for me.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yeah this is pretty annoying to me too. I do a lot of emailing from my phone and that usually entails a lot of forwarding so that others can see the email chain. If it's forwarding as one huge paragraph (which is what it's doing now), then I really can't use it. That's one of the few things the iPhone has on the Pre IMO.

I am confident that Palm will be rolling out fixes and updates to alleviate teh issues though.
    they've said it's a known problem and being worked on... that's me in post6 of the palm forum thread about it... i hope it's fixed in 1.0.5
    Have any of you noticed that it's only HTML messages that get garbled? When I'm responding to plain- or rich-text the string is fine.
    Can you highlight the quoted text and delete it?

I've never seen the point in all those quotes being shoved at the bottom of e-mails myself, a setting to turn them off would be very good, but I've never seen one on anything I've owned ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Have any of you noticed that it's only HTML messages that get garbled? When I'm responding to plain- or rich-text the string is fine.
    And, is anyone able to see HTML emails as HTML when received via Exchange? I can't, while HTML messages from Yahoo, Google, etc., display perfectly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Oh my god, I can't believe that you guys are having this same issue. I was talking to Palm for the last two weeks about this with no resolution. I cannot believe that this bug was not caught in beta testing. I just returned my Pre yesterday because of this issue. I use my phone for work emails and if I cannot reply properly to these emails without the previous emails losing their formating, I can't use this phone. I hated doing this because I love this phone except for this. I cannot understand why Palm cannot correct this issue. I am truly saddened in returning this phone, i so wanted to keep it but I cannot afford it and also keep my business phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And, is anyone able to see HTML emails as HTML when received via Exchange? I can't, while HTML messages from Yahoo, Google, etc., display perfectly.
    I don't know, all the stuff I get from work is just text even if it's formatted HTML. But I do have a few that I've received from my Hotmail account that come through fine.
    Just FYI, Palm is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Can't find the specific thread in the Palm Support forums, but if you search there you'll find that the issue's been raised and Palm has acknowledged it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast