Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    This isnt completely about the pre but since I would imagine I am not the only one who is getting their first geotagging camera figured it might be useful to others.

I have tried most picture gallery programs (dont have a mac so it seems the best iphoto is out) but I am looking for a program that will read the geotag info on my pictures (w/o needing to upload to the web). I know picasa can do it but it seems to require virtual earth (which I would rather not have to use to see geotag info). Ive also tried win7 gallery and the live gallery both of which dont seem to support it at all. Just wondering if there is one good program Im missing.
    Windows Live Photo Gallery does it on Win7 but if you want something that doesn't require connectivity at all I'm not sure.

Windows Live Photo & Video Blog : Geotagging Photos with Windows Live (without using a GPS device)
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    well the photos from the pre are already geotagged.... just nothing easily and seamlessly will read them (w/o uploading to the web somewhere).

Guess Ill have to just wait for picasa or live gallery to be updated like iphoto.
    I used a firefox addon that lets you look at EXIF data and it then lets you see the photos on google maps, mapquest and any number of others.