1.    #1  
    First of all, I love the Pre. So far, no troubles. However, as with any new product, there are a few things I wish would be improved.

These are things that I think would be a part of the OS rather than an addon app and was thinking we could get a thread started over what kinds of things we'd like to see.

-The ability to select the address in a contact card to open Sprint Navigation
    -Visual Voicemail
    -The ability to change the sounds for notifications on an application basis (different sounds for IM, SMS, calendar), also the ability to disable them
    -The ability to be more selective with Synergy. For instance, being able to only merge contacts with Facebook that are already in your phone and not import new ones.
    -The swipe up from the gesture area should collapse back to card view AND open the launcher in a single gesture, rather than requiring two.
    -An easier method of merging contacts. For instance, select a "merge mode" then click multiple contacts and click a "merge" button at the bottom. Include the ability to perform multiple merges from this mode without having to exit and re-enter.
    -The ability to delete and mark (as unread/read) multiple e-mails at once
    -Quick and easy keyboard shortcut for "Tab"
    -Be able to change the skin/theme for the phone dialer.
    -Select multiple amounts of time to snooze an appointment reminder in Calendar (i.e. 5, 10, 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.)
    - Voice command dialing via the speakerphone
    - Ability to remove any of the default apps (at least the icon from the desktop!)
    -The ability for the media player to tag Podcasts separately from music so music and podcasts aren't merged in playlists.
    -Ability to copy and paste static text
    -Ability to save images from websites with a shortcut (press and hold or orange button and press)
    -Ability to open links in new cards with a shortcut
    -Ability to save attachments of supported media types from e-mail
    -The center button should light up when you have new notifications and the phone is asleep.
    -Better predictive text/autocorrect for text input.
    -Profile manager that allows you to set profiles based on time changing the ringtones, volumes, notifications, etc whether you're at work, home, or otherwise.
    -Universal search that searches e-mails, conversations, and app catalog.
    -The ability to select all (Gesture area + A)
    -The ability to "mouse over" links, images, etc (Gesture area + Tap? Perhaps tap and hold?)
    -Center button act as an unlock button (Press button while phone is locked and be prompted for unlock)
    -Ability to forward SMS/MMS messages
    -Video recording through the camera
    -Proximity sensor turns the screen on and off rather than fading in and out.
    -Contact/Applications grouping and sorting options (Work, Friends, Social, etc)
    -Spellcheck/Autocorrect
    -Background queuing and downloading for applications.
    -Mandatory loading screen for 3rd party applications. It isn't that bad for applications with small footprints, but some take 5-10 seconds to load.
    -The ability to scrub through music.
    -The ability to view animated gifs in the browser.
    -Allowing searching for text within web pages.
    -Virtual keyboard when phone is in landscape mode
    -Picture rendering should be optimized. Currently, switching between them and having them render takes around 3.5 seconds. That's a long time to wait for a picture when you are just shuffling through them.
    -Emoticon support for text messages
    -Ability to connect to other Pres (or other devices in general) via Bluetooth to share contacts/calendar events/etc
    -The ability to manage the media player while the phone is locked
    -Alarms for the Task application
    -Ability to render Java applets in the browser.
    -The ability for the phone to notify you again if you have an unread notification. (Perhaps set it to notify you every 5 minutes, or other time period, until you unlock the phone).
    -The ability or option to split IM/SMS conversations into individually cards (one card per conversation).
    -The ability to lock/password protect applications.

What else?
    Last edited by thegreatpablo; 06/08/2009 at 04:45 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Made a few adjustments and added one or two items.
    -The ability to select the address in a contact card to open Sprint Navigation
    You can select a contact as your Drive To address when in Sprint Nav
    Voice Recording. Hope they develope shazam for the pre!!
  5.    #5  
    Oh, good one. I'll add it to the list.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Good list! How about customizable auto-text/quick text entries?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    How about full Exchange server support (PIN lockout and remote wipe)
    Ability to send appointments through the Calendar app to Exchange !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatpablo View Post
    -The swipe up from the gesture area should collapse back to card view AND open the launcher in a single gesture, rather than requiring two.
    That wouldn't make sense, as you're not going to open the launcher every time you go into card view. You might change cards (some ppl don't have advanced gesture on or you might not want to scroll through all the apps you have open), you might just want to go back to the desktop screen, etc.

-Be able to change the skin/theme for the phone dialer.
    Yes, I would like that, too.

- Ability to remove any of the default apps (at least the icon from the desktop!)
    I'd like to remove the launcher icon from the quick launch bar (I think that's what you meant, too).

-Ability to copy and paste static text
    Yes, this is very necessary! I often copied & pasted text from the Web on my Centro, whether it was an address for use in Google Maps to get directions or part of a Web page to show somebody or what.

-The center button should light up when you have new notifications and the phone is asleep.
    Yes, the button light should stay a steadily lit when a notification has come in while the screen is off!

-Better predictive text/autocorrect for text input.
    I hate predictive text. I wish they would make an app so you can change what does and doesn't get autocorrected (i.e. I can't stand that the first letter after a period gets automatically capitalized - if I want a capital letter, I'll push the shift key; if I don't want a capital letter, I don't want to have to push the delete key once to get it not in caps like how I typed it [but the phone corrected it]).

-Profile manager that allows you to set profiles based on time changing the ringtones, volumes, notifications, etc whether you're at work, home, or otherwise.
    That would be helpful. I had a third-party app like that for my Centro and it was helpful. It was usually in "Normal" mode, but at a certain time of day it would automatically switch to "Night" mode. I could manually set it to Airplane mode, too, but the Pre already has that option for the radio.

-Universal search that searches e-mails, conversations, and app catalog.
    I think this should be made as an OPTION to checkmark, since that would turn up a whole lot of results, which would be bad if you're not looking for something in an e-mail or conversation.

-The ability to select all (Gesture area + A)
    Yes, please! And in the e-mail editor, give gesture+letter shortcuts for the bold, italics, underline, and text color choices instead of having to tap on the menu, tap on "Edit", and then tap on what you want.

-Center button act as an unlock button (Press button while phone is locked and be prompted for unlock)
    Yes, I keep trying to do this thinking it works that way, LOL. Then it doesn't do anything and I remember that it doesn't turn the screen on, so I go hit the power button.

-Video recording through the camera
    I never used that on my Centro, but it would be a nice feature, especially if you could post it right to Facebook like you can with the photos!

-Proximity sensor turns the screen on and off rather than fading in and out.
    I don't know why you would want this?

-Contact/Applications grouping and sorting options (Work, Friends, Social, etc)
    Oh, yes PLEASE!!

-Spellcheck/Autocorrect
    It has autocorrect already.

-Allowing searching for text within web pages.
    That would be good!

-The ability for the phone to notify you again if you have an unread notification. (Perhaps set it to notify you every 5 minutes, or other time period, until you unlock the phone).
    Yes, this would be helpful. I had a third-party app that turned on my Centro's LED and gave a single reminder high-pitched beep at whatever interval you wanted (I had it for every 5 minutes). It did it for e-mails, missed calls, and text messages.

-The ability or option to split IM/SMS conversations into individually cards (one card per conversation).
    That would be nice.
    These are all pretty good suggestions and I imagine that with new updates we will start seeing a lot of these..
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to have more apps work with the landscape view. Also would like to be able to go through the launcher and read pdfs in landscape view.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Ability to ignore a phone call with an SMS TXT message such as in all Treo's.

Just at least give us the same functions & customization, labels as we had in Tasks and Memos, Calander, Contacts as we had on the old Palm/Treo OS.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    There are so many great tweaks in that list. I would love just to see a handful of them, which would greatly improve the OS experience.
    I hate to get picky, the ideas are great, but if you sent that to Palm I have a feeling that would get deleted. We should work to categorize these suggestions/wish list items so that they are easier to read and aren't just a large block of text.

One to add:
    Ability to change both the ringtone for and the volume of each alarm and messaging notification individually.

I would love to be able to set my text message alert lower and my alarm to wake up every morning higher.

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE