Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if anyone has post this or not, but how I copy the album art to my music
    Have the album art associated with the file on your PC.
    So just put them in the same folder? What do you mean associated?
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsbjd View Post
    So just put them in the same folder? What do you mean associated?
    Well there's generally two methods to give music files art associated with them.

The first method is to use a folder structure. If you use something like music\artist\album and then put a folder.jpg file in the album folder, that works for most programs. I'm not entirely sure if it works on the Pre with this method, I haven't tried it. Considering that the Pre adds any pictures it finds to its Photos app, that probably isn't the best way.

The other option is to add album art to the music files' ID3 tags, using something like MP3tag or any other tagging software. This is what I do, and it works perfectly for me.
    Depends what OS you are using or software.

I have my album art linked to my music via my Zune player. iTunes works the same way.

Otherwise if you are using windows there is a way to link them I think through the properties of the file.
    Can I sync my uploaded music to get album art from an inline resource or do I have to have t prior to putting it on there. I realize buying them through amazon will probably include it but thats not what I am looking for
    I installed mediamonkey & attached album art to every song. They still don't appear on pre. I took Pre into work & installed mediemonkey there & can see all of the artwork on the Pre through the browse area & it' shows up in the library as I explore the Pre through Mediamonkey.

But the images still don't appear. I will be deleting all of my music from the Pre & resync everything.

Anyone else have any better ideas. The art is on the pre & attached to each song & album however will not display.
    Last edited by Davidm1519; 01/18/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    I sync mine using Itunes. Although I did not participate in the last iTunes update. You can reinstall the last iTunes version and then sync with you Pre.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It does not get transferred using Windows media player sync. I had to use media monkey and their advanced tag plugin to get this done.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    It does not get transferred using Windows media player sync. I had to use media monkey and their advanced tag plugin to get this done.
    Can u explain a little further for me. I used mediamonkey dunno if i did it right though. Was looking for more info about advanced tag plug in. Where you using gold verision or free version?

Thanks for your help....
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Once all of the album art has been gathered in mediamonkey, I went to Tools, advanced tag management, synchronize tags....

Wooo Hoo Good Bye I-tunes Hello MediaMonkey, All the album art appears & Have I said lately how much I love my phone.

1- EAS, 3 - pop's, 350 contacts and it just keeps on running.....
    Last edited by Davidm1519; 01/18/2010 at 08:58 AM.
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<