1.    #1  
    My guess for many of us is: not very productive. Damn new toys!

-n8
    very productive, universal search thing so far is great,

when I want to email someone, start type
    when I want to IM someone, start type
    when I want to wiki something, start type
    when I want to google something, start type

multi-tasking is fantastic, I was on phone with customer support of one of my instruments, I have all the info about it on memo, pictures, I was able to toggle through and communicate with him about the info. Its great!
    Forgot to bring the USB cable with me, so I can't play with it as much . Damn Palm for using a [strikethrough]proprietary[/strikethrough] microUSB connector. Why can't we all agree on mini-USB?
    Last edited by prochobo; 06/08/2009 at 04:01 PM.
    lol.. funny thread.. cuz mine was unproductive huge today.. hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Forgot to bring the USB cable with me, so I can't play with it as much . Damn Palm for using a proprietary connector. Why can't we all agree on mini-USB?
    Same thing happened to me. I meant to take the cable, but when I got to work, I didn't have it.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    lol.. funny thread.. cuz mine was unproductive huge today.. hahaha
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I was supposed to work today? Oops! Not productive at all, haha. Now I know how to use my new toy.
    not too bad, but did take a little more time finishing setting up Outlook/GAPPS/Pre synching of calendars and tasks.

But, I still have an hour to go to get some work done...
    I see pandas.
    I haven't been productive, mainly because I don't have my outlook email set up yet. I sent a helpdesk request, but haven't heard. I'm worried that the Pre isn't an approved device for corporate email.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i was barely productive. lol. but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Forgot to bring the USB cable with me, so I can't play with it as much . Damn Palm for using a proprietary connector. Why can't we all agree on mini-USB?
    Micro USB is the new standard for the majority of phone companies now.

17 companies adopt micro USB phone charger standard : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yeah, not very productive at all. I've been texting a lot today, just because I can. Nothing much to say, so my friend are all annoyed. Tried to get the Pre to give me directions from my office to the kitchen, and didn't work too well. LOL
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MapInfoJoe View Post
    I haven't been productive, mainly because I don't have my outlook email set up yet. I sent a helpdesk request, but haven't heard. I'm worried that the Pre isn't an approved device for corporate email.
    Heh.. Luckily I'm the IT guy here, and I have the good sense not to touch Microsoft Exchange with a 1000' pole. We use Zimbra, though we'll be switching to Google Apps soon. (yay, Google!)

-n8
    I agree not really productive at all -- damn new toys!
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Heh.. Luckily I'm the IT guy here, and I have the good sense not to touch Microsoft Exchange with a 1000' pole. We use Zimbra, though we'll be switching to Google Apps soon. (yay, Google!)

-n8
    I know it's cool to hate on Microsoft and all but Exchange has been nothing short of amazing since I started using it. Granted I was using WM devices before so compatibility was great but seamless sync of contacts, calendar, email, and tasks across my desktops, laptop, and mobile devices has been a godsend for an ADHD type such as myself. One reason I wanted a Pre was because it keeps that functionality for the most part and extends it to Gmail and Facebook.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I had the pleasure of working from home today. So i spent most the day on these forums :-) so i haven't done anything really!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Yeah - not very productive. Everyone in the office keeps stopping by to check out the phone. Its especially sweet because all of them are iPhone users, but can't keep their hands off the Pre!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    for everyone that has mini usb cables running out of their ears (like me), would this do the trick?

Amazon.com: Motorola RAZR2 V8, V9, V9m, Q9h OEM Original Micro USB to Mini USB Adapter - SKN6252 (1 PC): Cell Phones & Service

Or:

Amazon.com: MINI USB charger to Micro USB Charger Converter: Cell Phones & Service

Considerably cheaper than the $20 Palm wants for a cable.