Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried two different pres, and both of them have a larger gap on the left side than on the right (in between keyboard and screen). This makes the phone's screen feel sort of loose when in the regular position (keyboard not extended). It's probably not a huge deal, but it just makes me sort of uncomfortable to have my screen shifting around when I hold it.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    mine does, it moves maybe a 1/16th of an inch, the worst on the lower left by the keyboard. it just wiggles a bit. Doesn't really bother me though, cause other wise it seems solid.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Nope not at all. My slider seems rock solid. I've been really happy with it.
    I can twist mine just a little bit, it's not bad though. Overall I think it's a pretty good implementation of a slider.
    Mine is really bad I'm having mine exchanged becasue of this, the two demos my sprint has on their shelf does not do that.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    we purcahsed 3 pre's two of them have the gap on the left, like you describe, but the third is completely solid.

does your pre kind of 'click' when you touch the screen while its closed? mine does, and it's kind of annoying. but I really dont feel like returning it. as logn as it doesn't break, I can live with it.
  7.    #7  
    yep, the first pre I had did have much more of a "click" than the second one, but this one does have it a little bit, at the top left corner. I'm thinking about just bringing it to a service center rather than a retail store, because if the issue exists, they've probably seen it.

I also have one dead pixel at the top of the screen that sort of bugs me. Do I really need to try a 3rd pre to get one that behaves like it should?
    My wife's Pre seems to be doing this, too. I may take it in and have them look at it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I am not experiencing this at all. I have a build date of 5H9 (May 17, 2009) if that helps.
    My wife's is rock solid. My first one was way to loose and got worse over the last three days. My local store exchanged it for me and the replacement is not as solid as the wife's but I can live with it.
    Sprint Palm Pre....greatest Sprint phone ever created.
    I've had my Pre for a little over 24 hours now...

According to the Hardware Buttons Test I have opened & closed my slider 486 times (hall sensor(whatever that is???)) and 505 times (optical sensor)

It definitly feels like it's "loosened" up to me and I to have more slack on the left side that I do on the right side and have more of a gap on the left side also.
    Mine feels very sturdy.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Mine is loose and somewhat flimsy. I'm leery it will stand the test of time. It also doesn't slide well at all if you aren't centered exactly.
    so im not the only one to feel this when only having the pre for 7 hours hahahaha!!!! and whats even more crappy is that the back mirror piece started scratchin and im sure it will only get worse!!!

700p over pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 700p over PRE View Post
    so im not the only one to feel this when only having the pre for 7 hours hahahaha!!!! and whats even more crappy is that the back mirror piece started scratchin and im sure it will only get worse!!!

700p over pre
    No scratches on my mirror, but there is some lube, i guess from the slider mechanism, getting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    No scratches on my mirror, but there is some lube, i guess from the slider mechanism, getting on it.
    look closely my friend it will start soon! its a matter of time till you stop wiping that pre every 5 mins
    There is a little slack in mine when it's closed. I might stop by a store and check a demo unit. If I put my thumb and index finger on opposite diagonal corners, it will wiggle with even the slightest twist. Definitely something I'll keep an eye on to see if it gets worse.
    My display is VERY loose and rocks back and forth in both closed and open modes. If I decided to keep the Pre I am definitely going to have to make an Exchange at the Sprint store first because this is just too much. Hopefully this is just a defective batch and not a long term issue for all Pre devices.
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    When closed, my screen will twist clockwise at least 1/16th of an inch. I don't remember that being the case on Saturday when I bought it.

This is worrisome!
    Exact same issue here.

I have the worst gap between the top and bottom on the top left of the phone. When I press down on the top left while holding the pre in my palm the pre makes a light clicking sound as the two pieces come together and the gap is compensated for. I also have the twisting problem where the top piece can be twisted slightly to the left and, if you lift up on the top piece, twisted to the right.

Already posted: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tom-piece.html Mods can we merge them?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast