1.    #1  
    Best Buy's website now lets you see stock by store. Just thought i would give every one an update.

Good luck folks

p.s. don't forget my other thread shows how to find it at walmart (soem in taylor texas incase anyone is looking)
    Alas, when used the website to check availability, none of the stores in my area had any.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Yeah, tried one from the website in my neighborhood. He said they're sold out "big time."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Yesterday I checked the site for availability in my area (Los Angeles) and saw 1 store in Torrance. Went to the store and was told they were sold out. Today, BestBuy still shows this store with the Pre available. I don't think this site is being sanity checked for accuracy. Just a heads up.

- J
    Yes, the site said there was a BB in my area with stock. But when I called them, they said they had no stock, and didn't expect any for a month.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Same here in Orange County, California. Costa Mesa and Yorba Linda showed it in stock but I was told they're out of stock when I called.
    Chances are those stores actually do have stock, however (I work in Best Buy Mobile) the process is set up so that on launch day, any person who was in line that was unable to get a phone was put on a list. When we do/did get stock, we have to call everyone on that list and offer them the Pre before we are allowed to sell them to anyone that walks in the store. Once the launch day list (no one gets added to the list after that, it's not a continual waiting list) has been all worked through, only then are we able to sell it to anyone who calls or walks in the store. So I imagine they are just saying "No we don't have any in stock" instead of explaining that and making customers angry.
    After checking BB website for availability, I called to see if they were going to be recieving any Pre's. The answer I got from two different BB stores was that no Best Buys in washington state offer any kind of Sprint service !!

If anyone knows of anyplace in Wa. state that does instant rebate instead of mail-in, give a shout.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    Chances are those stores actually do have stock, however (I work in Best Buy Mobile) the process is set up so that on launch day, any person who was in line that was unable to get a phone was put on a list. When we do/did get stock, we have to call everyone on that list and offer them the Pre before we are allowed to sell them to anyone that walks in the store. Once the launch day list (no one gets added to the list after that, it's not a continual waiting list) has been all worked through, only then are we able to sell it to anyone who calls or walks in the store. So I imagine they are just saying "No we don't have any in stock" instead of explaining that and making customers angry.
    I was put on the waitlist at a couple Best Buy stores after launch day. I didn't bother lining up or getting on any lists on launch day, but early this week when I started calling around, I was put on a couple lists.
    Oh well, I don't know. When I read the launch guide that all Best Buy stores are supposed to follow, I thought it seemed as if that was what we were supposed to do, was continue the wait list, makes sense. I asked our manager about it and he said that we weren't doing that, so I don't know. Continuing the list makes more sense to me, and is more fair, but I don't get to decide that (I'm not a very big fan of our manager, he's pretty much the only thing I really hate about my job)
    grr Checked availability for Las Vegas and the 2 stores listed are ones I know for sure dont have any. meh
    Sold out near my area (LA)
    Well, the Best Buy that showed stock on their website at noon today (and which they denied over the phone) is showing no stock now. So the point is moot.