Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thought we needed another positive thread going amidst the complaints...

Just wanted to say that I am thrilled with my Pre, and extremely satisfied with Sprint service. Sprint has provided consistent coverage so far, no dropped calls, and internet/download times that rival my desktop. I used it this weekend in northern Indiana and in Chicago. The only place it had a low signal was in a corner of the basement in the IN house. It performs on par or better than Verizon, my carrier for the past 10 years. The call quality in my city apartment is clearer than Verizon. I am impressed.

Everyone I have shown the Pre to loves the screen and the keyboard. Even my friends with iPhones thought it was much better than they were expecting. I was stopped at lunch today by someone at the next table who wanted to see my Pre - he was reading a paper with a huge full-page ad of the Pre inside. He was impressed.

This morning on the El - there were two guys sitting across from me waiting for webpages to load on their iPhones. One completely froze up and the other was taking forever. In the meantime, I had answered 4 emails and surfed the Tribune, Sun-Times and PreCentral websites. Go Pre!

Despite some discoloration on the bottom of my screen (which I can live with for a little while), everything has exceeded my expectations. Notifications are subtle and wonderful - and the gestures have become second nature. Looking forward to a deluge of new apps too...loving the Pandora and baseball apps!

I am wishing the best for Palm and Sprint - I hope that the Pre continues to be a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Thought we needed another positive thread going amidst the complaints...

Just wanted to say that I am thrilled with my Pre, and extremely satisfied with Sprint service. Sprint has provided consistent coverage so far, no dropped calls, and internet/download times that rival my desktop. I used it this weekend in northern Indiana and in Chicago. The only place it had a low signal was in a corner of the basement in the IN house. It performs on par or better than Verizon, my carrier for the past 10 years. The call quality in my city apartment is clearer than Verizon. I am impressed.

Everyone I have shown the Pre to loves the screen and the keyboard. Even my friends with iPhones thought it was much better than they were expecting. I was stopped at lunch today by someone at the next table who wanted to see my Pre - he was reading a paper with a huge full-page ad of the Pre inside. He was impressed.

This morning on the El - there were two guys sitting across from me waiting for webpages to load on their iPhones. One completely froze up and the other was taking forever. In the meantime, I had answered 4 emails and surfed the Tribune, Sun-Times and PreCentral websites. Go Pre!

Despite some discoloration on the bottom of my screen (which I can live with for a little while), everything has exceeded my expectations. Notifications are subtle and wonderful - and the gestures have become second nature. Looking forward to a deluge of new apps too...loving the Pandora and baseball apps!

I am wishing the best for Palm and Sprint - I hope that the Pre continues to be a success.
    Thank you for the positive post, kmod. I was really impressed when i demoed it. To be honest though, I'm still on the fence about this phone.

here's why~

I can't drop essentially $299 on a phone, waiting 4-8 weeks for my rebate, and just live with screen discoloration, possible screen cracking issues stemming from the button, the worst battery life i've ever heard of, phone heat issues, seriously awful reception issues, and zero official word from Palm about anything being wrong with the phone or effort to fix/replace possible duds.

Sure, every OS 1 will have issues (even though a lot of this sounds unrelated to software), but they should at least make an assertive effort to prompty address issues that obviously scores of people are experiencing. They may of sold out on launch day, but that's only because they didn't supply stores that many phones to begin with. So to have the great majority of these Pre oriented message boards (turn into a giant listing of issues that could/should have been caught in beta testing) over a very limited sale of phones I don't think the argument that "you only here from the complainers" applies in this situation.

Please Palm, throw us a bone here.
    Last edited by sake; 06/08/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I agree with you that Palm should address the hardware issues, esp. the screen and battery life. Hopefully they will tell us soon about how they plan to fix this for people who got defective phones. I'm going into my Sprint store this week to port over my Verizon number (wanted to play with the Pre over the weekend to make sure I'd stick with it), and planning on asking them what they can do about it.

Otherwise, my battery has been fine - I just leave it on the Touchstone when I'm not using it. Reception probably varies from place to place, and I figured it would be better in the city than out in the sticks. But it performed well in the in-between area from Chicago to Michiana, some of which is fairly rural.
    wait until you need to call sprint and then you will not be happy

i agree as long as everything is working sprint service is pretty good