Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    i had a 150 upgrade and i got the pre on sat at the retail price.. you're full of **** taco and i dont like it.. Taco John = Taco Troll

So you're saying you got the $299 retail price, and were able to apply your $150 upgrade to that price (effectively bringing your out of pocket to $150)?

I don't believe you. I was told directly from customer support that this wasn't possible - that it came straight from the top. If you want to use your $150 upgrade credit, you have to apply it to their higher level pricing. You aren't able to apply it to the $299 retail pricing.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    OK, think about this for just a second (maybe longer since you don't sound too bright). They are businesses. We live in a capitalistic economy. All businesses want to make money. To make money they must sell you something. Therefore, nobody who wants to make money will turn you away on purpose. Hence, they don't have any Pres in stock.

Sucks to be you though.

Read Post #11. It would have saved you some time.
    I got it for $299 and no i didnt get 150 off because that would be below retail wouldn't it? if i had a 150 upgrade to the original price of the phone it would be $549-150=$399 i paid 300 (before rebate)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    People eligible for the $150 upgrade credit get the phone for $299, then have to wait for a $100 rebate. $199.

Stop trolling, people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
    Read Post #11. It would have saved you some time.
    Again a sign of capitalism. If you're going to loose a sale work like all hell to keep the customer. Still supports my argument, not yours.
    Taco ****** in the house!

Seriously man, lighten up. It's just a phone.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    OP,

You're a conspiracy theorist type, right?

Hold on guys, let me put on my tin foil hat.
    Screw that, I'm going to tin-foil my wang.. this might get ugly. *cups his junk and turns sideways*
    I understand why Palm would plan for a false shortage to try and increase demand, but I'm not impressed with it.
    And you know they're lying because ... ???
    Maybe.

But I just called one of my stores, told them my story and mentioned that since I need my phone today before I leave for my trip tomorrow, I'll probably have to switch to the iPhone and AT&T.

Magically, a Palm Pre has materialized. It's on hold for me now.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the shortage is real. But I've just discovered that the right story with the right threat produces Palm Pre's in short order.
    Ahhh, so you lied?
    So you're saying you got the $299 retail price, and were able to apply your $150 upgrade to that price (effectively bringing your out of pocket to $150)?

I don't believe you. I was told directly from customer support that this wasn't possible - that it came straight from the top. If you want to use your $150 upgrade credit, you have to apply it to their higher level pricing. You aren't able to apply it to the $299 retail pricing.
    No.

The $299 is after the $150 credit, and before the MIR.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Screw that, I'm going to tin-foil my wang.. this might get ugly. *cups his junk and turns sideways*
    Same here, but I could probably use a gum wrapper...oh wait did I say that outloud
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No.

The $299 is after the $150 credit, and before the MIR.

Yes, but if I came in off the street, and agreed to a two year contract, I'd be given the $299 price. Thus my $150 "upgrade credit" isn't really a credit. It's a marketing gimmick designed to convince me that I've got $150 invested in sticking with Sprint, when I really dont.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    There won't be a shortage soon. They'll be getting lots and lots of returns. Reconditioned ones will be widely available.
    So I've tried to get a Palm Pre today, and it appears that everywhere you go, they're looking at eachother and then telling you that they are out of Palm Pre's and won't be able to sell them until Wednesday.

Uh, right.

Maybe it's true, but I don't believe it. The reaction that I've gotten from everybody is the same one you get when you know somebody is lying... the classic liars response.

I understand why Palm would plan for a false shortage to try and increase demand, but I'm not impressed with it.

Maybe they did it for tech support issues, I know my sprint store in Odessa Texas were activating them manually in the store. Are we again beta users for Palm again? And only 50,000 phones sold and this is to be an iphone replacement? Also Ed C. mis stated facts again. He said they would have support on Day One for programs like Eprocrates (they said they had a good relationship with them) it was working but Palm changed something in the OS and it does not work. It may be 1-2 months before eprocrates works in the emulator. My question is why did not the relationship with Palm result in a "Webos" Eprocrates on day one. Palm still does not have their act together!
    No microsd? My Samsung i-325 has support for up 32 gigs. What happen Palm?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Maybe they did it for tech support issues, I know my sprint store in Odessa Texas were activating them manually in the store. Are we again beta users for Palm again? And only 50,000 phones sold and this is to be an iphone replacement? Also Ed C. mis stated facts again. He said they would have support on Day One for programs like Eprocrates (they said they had a good relationship with them) it was working but Palm changed something in the OS and it does not work. It may be 1-2 months before eprocrates works in the emulator. My question is why did not the relationship with Palm result in a "Webos" Eprocrates on day one. Palm still does not have their act together!
    No microsd? My Samsung i-325 has support for up 32 gigs. What happen Palm?
    This is the Palm 700P debacle all over again. I got 5 replacements for 700Ps and eventually gave it.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Maybe.

But I just called one of my stores, told them my story and mentioned that since I need my phone today before I leave for my trip tomorrow, I'll probably have to switch to the iPhone and AT&T.

Magically, a Palm Pre has materialized. It's on hold for me now.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the shortage is real. But I've just discovered that the right story with the right threat produces Palm Pre's in short order.
    Or more likely, either the UPS man came...
    ...or someone returned one with the couding/light bleed thing and they reboxed it for your conspiracy theory to go even more bonkers with!!
    Yes, but if I came in off the street, and agreed to a two year contract, I'd be given the $299 price. Thus my $150 "upgrade credit" isn't really a credit. It's a marketing gimmick designed to convince me that I've got $150 invested in sticking with Sprint, when I really dont.
    are you paying full price ($549) for the phone? no? then you must be getting a credit somewhere......

Also they might have a couple in the back that are reserved for exchanges only, so they're sold out of units available for sale...
    Last edited by LurkMoar; 06/08/2009 at 07:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I was eligible for my 2 year upgrade ($150) for quite some time. I was waiting to re-up my contract until the Pre was released. I got mine on Saturday morning at Best Buy - I paid $199 (after they auto deducted the $100 rebate). So I am not sure why anyone is being told they cannot use their $150 upgrade toward the Pre at the $299 price - unless of course you do not want to commit to a 2 year contract - then of course you are going to pay retail.
    The "off the street" price is for a new line. Your line is not new. You are given the credit instead.

This is no different than other carriers operate. You act as if it's something new or underhanded. It's just the way things are.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    There won't be a shortage soon. They'll be getting lots and lots of returns. Reconditioned ones will be widely available.
    You really are becoming a troll. You've made your decision, the constant harping only reveals your insecurities in dealing with it.

Give it a rest, please.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast