1.    #1  
    Maybe too early to tell, but I'm wondering if I pass the 30 days and decide a couple of months down the road that I made a mistake and take the early cancelation fee, would the Pre be fully functional as a wi-fi unit with all apps like browser Youtube, and e-mail, just without cell phone service?

If I dropped Sprint completely I guess I couldn't buy any apps since billing would be through Sprint.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    Maybe too early to tell, but I'm wondering if I pass the 30 days and decide a couple of months down the road that I made a mistake and take the early cancelation fee, would the Pre be fully functional as a wi-fi unit with all apps like browser Youtube, and e-mail, just without cell phone service?

If I dropped Sprint completely I guess I couldn't buy any apps since billing would be through Sprint.
    Yes it will. When I took it home (Wasn't even opened at the store) I still had to wait until my phone # was ported, so basically as if I hadn't had any Sprint service. And everything worked fine (except for calling and cell data obviously). So you can use it as an internet device.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can buy with a little more confidence knowing that it won't just be a paperweight if I don't complete the contract.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Shouldn't Skype(if they make a Pre app) work on wifi.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Btw, billing will most likely not be with Sprint.

And I agree with you, the Pre is a perfect device for non-phone usage: it's got email, IM, web browsing, media players and apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Btw, billing will most likely not be with Sprint.

And I agree with you, the Pre is a perfect device for non-phone usage: it's got email, IM, web browsing, media players and apps.
    What makes you think this? Do you think billing will be with Palm? I thought all carriers handled the billing for apps, except for Apple since they have their own store.