Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What do you guys think of the notification system, including the on-screen visuals, sounds, and vibrations?

Personally, I love the on-screen notifications. However, the millisecond vibration is almost NEVER felt compared to my curve 8330. Sound wise, I love the speaker on the Pre...its great! However, I like leaving my phone on vibrate...but that hasnt really been an option the last few days.
    I would like for the inner ring to light up, as well as setting a length for vibration when a notification is received.
    I agree, I am sure that it will be adjusted or many third party apps will take care of it.
    I rely heavily on texting and need to know when I get them.

The ball light is really huge for me too. I am disappointed that was not available out of the gate.
    So far, i'm a pretty big fan of how the notifications are visually displayed once ON the phone *i love that stacking it does... so sexy*.

The vibrations, however, are totally inadequate, and I really want my gesture area lights to dance based on my notifications... Having to turn my phone on to check to see if i have anything of interest is not cool... Too use to seeing that flashing LED on my Treos and knowing there was work to be done.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I would like for the inner ring to light up, as well as setting a length for vibration when a notification is received.
    I agree. Or when it's locked, if you could somehow get the center button to light up if you've received a notification. Someone will create an app for this, I hope. One reason being, I'll walk away from my desk, and when I get back, unless I hit the power button I have no idea if I received something.

Vibrating a little longer would be nice as well.
    heh, we all just said the exact same thing... hope someone is listening
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    vibration sucks.

not being able to pick you own notification sound sucks more.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    yea what's up with the no light thing?..can software fix that?
    If you have a calendar notification set to go off at say 4:00 and then your alarm to go off at say 4:15 the alarm will not go off until the calendar notification is dismissed. I am not sure why I did this but I was late for work for the first time this morning.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Why why why?????... no indicators lights whatsoever??
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Also I would like a feature to continuously alert (maybe every 5 minutes) the user until they take action or turn on the phone to look at the notification.

I set my calandar this morning at 3pm to alert me for an appointment. Well I was late to it because I couldn't feel the vibration. Had it kept bothering me, I might have not been late.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    yea i am getting sick of that too...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamfrontosa View Post
    If you have a calendar notification set to go off at say 4:00 and then your alarm to go off at say 4:15 the alarm will not go off until the calendar notification is dismissed. I am not sure why I did this but I was late for work for the first time this morning.
    I would have been in the same boat had my sister not called me this morning.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I hope people over at palm inc is listening to all this complaints.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    oops are**
    The notification system imo is excellent. i love how you just swipe across it to dismiss or tap to open linked app. im sure the ability to edit vibration options, notification sound and lighting of ball will be added at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I would have been in the same boat had my sister not called me this morning.
    I thought my alarm was going off and I looked at my phone and it said work, and I was like awwwwwwwwwwe ****. After hanging up with work I dismissed the calender notification and then my alarm started going off! Where was my sister when I needed her?
    I agree. A light would be nice, but there should be more options such as how many sounds and vibrations. One vibrations isn't enough. I missed all my alerts today for that reason.
    I pretty much agree with everyone else. They need to make use of the lights in the swipe area for notifications when the screen is off or the phone is locked. Of course, maybe that would make the battery life even worse! ;-)

They need to fix the alarm clock too. I set a weekday alarm for 6:30am on Sunday night, but the alarm kept popping up in the notification area. Umm, what? You don't need to keep telling me I have an alarm set for tomorrow morning.

They need much more fine-grained control over notifications. I'm coming from a BB Pearl on which you could control every aspect of ringers and notifications, including creating multiple profiles. It can be a bit tricky to use but you can get it set up to be exactly like you want it. I am sure Palm will be adding at least some more controls in the months to come.

It's OK for a 1.0 product I guess but they'll need to do better than this in the long run.

But as others have said, I like the notifications on the screen. Very unobtrusive and easy to use.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
    ...Personally, I love the on-screen notifications. However, the millisecond vibration is almost NEVER felt compared to my curve 8330...
    you aren't kidding! that millisecond vibration is not even close to enough. When i'm in the car, and the phone is in my pocket, I cannot tell if that was the phone, or just road vibrations.

actually, if I'm walking, I cant feel it vibrate either.. :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast