1.    #1  
    While I'm still not certain on how to highlight text to copy and paste, i figured this much out:

If you hold down the orange button in a text field (one that already contains text), you can slide your finger left and right and it will move the cursor accordingly. This is far easier than trying to "tap" your finger at the specific place you'd like to put the cursor.

Alternately, hopefully they can program it so that way you can manipulate the cursor moving left or right if you tap the left or right side of the black touch area at the bottom of the phone. Hopefully someone important is reading this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Try the same thing, but hold down the shift key instead of the orange key. That lets you select text.

Totally agreed, it would be nice to have something more like "arrow keys" I was thinking hold left gesture area + i/j/l/m
  3.    #3  
    Oh nice, thanks.

Now if i could only select text that wasn't selectable.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Here's a minor bonus tip. When moving the cursor or selecting text I used to have this problem: when I got the cursor right where I wanted it, as soon as I lifted my finger from the screen sometimes the cursor would move one character to the left or right, forcing me to start all over again. I found a simple solution. Now when I get the cursor right where I want it, I release the orange or shift button first, then I lift my finger. Releasing the button prevents the cursor from moving even if I wiggle my finger while lifting.

To recap the sequence is:
    1. Press and hold orange/shift key
    2. Position cursor with finger on screen
    3. Release orange/shift key while finger is still on screen
    4. Lift finger from screen

Problem...solved!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have an entire thread that I keep updated with useful tips and tricks HERE.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Here's a minor bonus tip. When moving the cursor or selecting text I used to have this problem: when I got the cursor right where I wanted it, as soon as I lifted my finger from the screen sometimes the cursor would move one character to the left or right, forcing me to start all over again. I found a simple solution. Now when I get the cursor right where I want it, I release the orange or shift button first, then I lift my finger. Releasing the button prevents the cursor from moving even if I wiggle my finger while lifting.

To recap the sequence is:
    1. Press and hold orange/shift key
    2. Position cursor with finger on screen
    3. Release orange/shift key while finger is still on screen
    4. Lift finger from screen

Problem...solved!
    Thanks! I was having that problem too.